• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

I know this probably should be in banter but how reliable is Joe bastardi? Because so far he keeps saying by mid January we should be seeing cold air which is why I'm keeping my eye on a potential system also around mid to late month

I think you already know the answer to your question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm definitely keeping a watch out for a potential system for the deep South around the 18 and 19 of this month if the cold can be in place around that time we may finally have something to track

Big If. GFS is not showing a whole lot of cold. The SER looks to be back later in the month based on this run.

GEPS day ten
d21d18a577247888057c99d94e02767d.jpg

Why do people take the LR GFS OP as gospel ?And where is the southeast ridge that’s been mentioned ???
aed7fd9750a3da3058c6af51802a4be0.jpg
4e92e5c87157ad80f787572248c1f2e9.jpg

That pattern on the GEFS looks good to me. EPS was pretty good as well. Models still trying to figure it out for sure.

I don't like the trend on the GEFS in the long range. It's moving the PV further north, and there's less blocking, like everywhere. Cold is muted. Hopefully that turns back around.

Attachments

• gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_fh300_trend.gif
    gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_fh300_trend.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
I don’t want to be negative AT ALL. I’m just remarking at what the model shows for better or for worse. And it’s way way out but it’s funny how the GFS has been on an island with regards to the cold.

https://tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2019010906/gfs_T2ma_us_53.png

Agree ... not be negative. Just being realistic ... models over night took a back step overall imo... could it be different for 12z suits. Sure it can... thank a lot of patience running out for lot people ....

I don't like the trend on the GEFS in the long range. It's moving the PV further north, and there's less blocking, like everywhere. Cold is muted. Hopefully that turns back around.
The long range GEFS has a standing wave bias towards a +PNA & -EPO, I wouldn’t call this so much of a trend as it is the model is correcting for this bias and given how far this is from verification it’ll continue to change going forward and could “trend” back in the other direction when better data is ingested into the model.

The long range GEFS has a standing wave bias towards a +PNA & -EPO, I wouldn’t call this so much of a trend as it is the model is correcting for this bias and given how far this is from verification it’ll continue to change going forward and could “trend” back in the other direction when better data is ingested into the model.

Thank you! It also muted the greenland ridge significantly so that worries me that the ridging all around faded. Just got to wait and see like you said.

Back