• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

Can’t see the good maps but it almost appears I-20 could be in play (looking at 850 maps)

If only there really were to be a good moist WSW flow at H5 and an accompanying GOM surface low crossing central FL in mid Jan meeting up with a very cold high wedging SW pretty far down into the SE US, I know you know as much as anyone that not just I-20 but even Macon could possibly see something significant. Since that's almost what the 0Z Euro shows along with 0Z EPS support, I'd say game could even be on all the way down to you. Of course, the central FL low track on this run may turn out to be the furthest south of any run. Nobody knows. But I wouldn't bet on that just yet due to recent trends/supporting indices.

Edit: Looking at the closeup maps. I see a 1015-16 mb sfc low move E from the central Gulf to just N of Tampa and then to Cape Canaveral, a quite far south track. The Euro does give Macon 0.75" of QPF by the way, a nice healthy amount. It gets you down to 36-37 through most of the rain!

Last edited:
I know it’s the last frame of the GEFS but good lord you got to love this.
bba28ecdb4da7730303c4a2a5a1b9ddd.jpg

And for bonus since I’m up, eps with a very strong ensemble run for the 13th and beyond. It’s on!
471f42888e75d18571d56aeec4335928.jpg

ab8e706aa9eb583526c003109443a1d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per GFS, still a marginal chance at some slop for next weekend but not a whole lotta cold air to work with after that as most of the conus starts getting toasty.

Per GFS, still a marginal chance at some slop for next weekend but not a whole lotta cold air to work with after that as most of the conus starts getting toasty.

Be careful with that warm talk around here

What a turnaround from 4 days ago when most of us were thinking the pattern wouldn't turn favorable until the last week in January or the first of February. It's hard to believe that we are tracking an event that will happen PRIOR to Jan 15th! Looks to be heading towards a classic nino winter.

Back