• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

I mean I feel like we've seen much worse trends within 48 hrs... I'm not giving up on a flurry

View attachment 129941
Crazy weenie thought I know, but one or more ticks in this direction and that vorticity lobe may actually cut off and EMCF members 5&17 that BullCityWX posted become reality. Speaking of the EMCF ensembles, I find it interesting that there are still some intriguing members at such a short range.

Would someone please post the earlier ensemble panels while the system is further west? ?

@SD right where you want it

ref1km_ptype.us_ma.png
At least we are gaining some momentum towards something happening. I'm skeptical with such mediocre temps we do a lot but there's some potential to over perform and the BL becomes irrelevant to a degree

Can we get a couple of more shifts west...

View attachment 129944
Hate to be that guy, but one would think the precip shield might even be a little more expansive than being modeled (if the SLP is as close as currently depicted on the NAMs) So I'm gonna say we see it shift at least one more time before reality kicks us in the jingle bells

token flakes along the eastern piedmont/coastal plain probably has legs, upper level with definitely be cold enough. BL temps could be suspect but you already knew that.

question is how many nudges towards a more favorable orientation/tilt does do we have left in the tank, 48 hours out is pushing it

token flakes along the eastern piedmont/coastal plain probably has legs, upper level with definitely be cold enough. BL temps could be suspect but you already knew that.

question is how many nudges towards a more favorable orientation/tilt does do we have left in the tank, 48 hours out is pushing it
2 but I need 3

Serious wedge here. Cross Anchor in southern Spartanburg county and on the Laurens county border is currently at 63. Spartanburg is 54 and here at the house it's 50 with serious fog and mist. If only it was about 28 instead with the moisture coming.

View attachment 129953
Shame with this storm, we weren't far off from a good storm for our US-17 friends.

Trends this winter have been further west (by a lot lol) with several players so far this winter. I remember all those 70s and 80s storms that seemingly crop out of nowhere.

Who knows?

I had high hopes for a pattern change.

The last 36ish hours have been very discouraging though. CFS has dramatically warmed and the -PNA showing up on the modelling is just not good at all. If I dont see a change before Saturday, it may be time to punt further. If you look further out, however, the CFS is offering pretty chalk la nina climatology.

Back