• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Ida Inland impacts

My oldest son is driving from Atlanta to Tulsa, OK, leaving next Thursday afternoon - his plan now is go through Tennessee. Gosh, I hope this thing moves out quickly, the thought of him driving through the mountains in a stalled out tropical system…??

Gotta say lol. This one may outperform y'all's record breaking tornado warning amount from the last tropical system. It's almost as if spring came early with this tropical system

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
Those mini sickle hodographs are a little chilling

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Icon misses the trough and starts building the ridge over top it would just spin its wheels until it died or maybe eventually got drawn out by the stuff coming until the NEView attachment 89206
Notice the EPac storm going up the Gulf of California! That could be pulled up and bring me rain!

I could definitely see a moderate convective outlook for somewhere once this thing is a good bit inland. I'll say this. The hodos in the warm sector are some of the prettiest in terms of forming a circle I've seen in a while. I imagine more cape will be there than the global models shows, even if there isn't much. Large hodographs will still present a good tornado problem in. Less cape environments. What's troubling is some of the hot towers showing on infared. Good potential for supercellular structures and broken segments for tornado development.Screenshot_20210826-171736-054.pngScreenshot_20210826-171758-115.pngScreenshot_20210826-171826-822.png

Nws bham discussion. There forecast discussion implies heightened tornado potential for central Alabama due to track. Screenshot_20210827-073741-025.png

Back