• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Ida Inland impacts

Most of all Alabama is under a pretty favorable environment for tornadic storms. I wish the NAM would be over our area but it's got it's head all the way in Texas during the time frame. But gfs has actually had a uptick in instability in a very favorable windfield. Again. I think the ceiling for Alabama is a moderate. Once close range models get into range I'll tweak that some maybe, depending on how it looks. I'm impressed by this setup.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Imagine if it moved a tick faster this would be Zeta all over again with wind damage into NC. Doesn’t look like that now just some rain and tornado threat in the west (Fred like).

The east trends are obvious the NHC now has Atlanta Georgia to Wilkes co NC in the cone gonna post that here so he doesn’t accuse us of wishcasting east

Per GSP/Blacksburg, both say non-event with all the action limited to the left side of IDA. Only a 6 hour window of increased moisture later on in the week. Yay!

Really starting to see good consensus now little impact east TN into the Carolinas

06z guidance on tornado potential is kind've alarming. I'm going to wait until 12z model runs come out to post anything. Screenshot_20210828-081031-205.pngScreenshot_20210828-081121-553.pngScreenshot_20210828-081157-109.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@Arcc surprised you haven't said anything on the tornado potential, looks pretty formidable in our neck of the woods.

Poking around and looking at the CAMS on landfall and the short term for about a 100 miles inland. This thing creates a volatile area for tornado strength just southeast of the actual buzzsaw precipitation. It has actual supercellular storms revolving around it. Hmm. Very good influx of instability on the southeastern quadrant immediately near the center.

Back