• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Zeta

I fully expect a 30 mph brief gust as the tail swishes by this afternoon, don't see any real mechanism to mix those winds down to the surface and more times than not these high wind potentials (here) don't play out as advertised
I think this has much better potential to overperform vs under but we will see what we get

I think this has much better potential to overperform vs under but we will see what we get
Considering the upper level energy feeding into it and insane forward speed, I would agree...... just seems we usually suck at getting good winds when we're suppose too Lol

I'm on the underperform side. I would be really surprised if any gusts get into the 50s around here. I'm not even holding my breath for a 40 mph gust. But we will see. Already 1 gust to 17.

Considering the upper level energy feeding into it and insane forward speed, I would agree...... just seems we usually suck at getting good winds when we're suppose too Lol
I'm on the underperform side. I would be really surprised if any gusts get into the 50s around here. I'm not even holding my breath for a 40 mph gust. But we will see. Already 1 gust to 17.
I think this one is going to be different than the typical tropical wind event since we are going to be able to deepen the mixing layer and actually tap into some of the more impressive speeds in the 950/925/900 layers. Reminds me much more of a winter/spring event

77d1e325532f390bd9f03e55275b1128.jpg

c2b67b3c7404aed65461f48d2d11359d.jpg

b1713bf515230634fe2c2075c7285cd0.jpg

e9ae88b1c1ccf154de67d274e55adbeb.jpg

e4be97d952b387463cbc6c593413ab64.jpg

Our trailer took a bit of a beating. Wind messed up our underpinning. The airport a couple miles down rd peak guest was 52

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before the rain started I wanna bet there was some low 50mph gusts, seems like as it started raining the gusts calmed down

Well I can tell you I’ve already had gusts into the 50s several times in the last 20 minutes and my max gust here was forecasted to be 42mph. I’m just outside the Tropical Storm Warning also

Back