• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Zeta

Just lost power here, winds really gusting, I estimate 45-50mph
Same over here near airport. Wind has been whipping it up good past 20 mins +. More than I thought. Power is flickering as well. should easily have over 50mph gust recorded already.

my pressure was 995.6 when we lost power at 4:15. Does the tempest store the data so I can read it when the power is back?

I think this one is going to be different than the typical tropical wind event since we are going to be able to deepen the mixing layer and actually tap into some of the more impressive speeds in the 950/925/900 layers. Reminds me much more of a winter/spring event
Considering NWS just bumped us up to a High Wind Warning I'd say they agree

and already over 200K without power in the state, dang!

52 MPH Albermarle, 47 GSO highest ive seen so far . these are in past 15 minutes or so. Sure its been higher, well see when all the data gets turned in

No rain from the main core, and now the squall line is dissipating. Crazy, tropical storm moving through the state, Im on the eastern side and cant get any rain.

Back