• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Zeta

There’s some big differences with this though. Most storms that hit N.C. are weakening at landfall while this storm has intensified right up to landfall. Also this storm is moving extremely fast which aids in bringing stronger winds to the surface.
That and interaction with a phasing upper level low/trough will aid in a extra-tropical transition which should keep strong winds going, while this isn’t a sting jet, the processes aren’t far apart, soundings in that intense low level jet show drying in the upper levels, but also try to creep in some drying more into the mid to lower levels, any light precip falling in this bit of dry air aloft would only help to drag down those winds, or clearing would also do the trick B39E4C85-DFEF-4A59-B68A-18F5D87623F5.png

Wind field is pretty small though, certainly no Opal....stations fairly close to the center I have been watching don't ramp up until almost in the core around the eye....makes guessing how the wind field evolves as it moves north hard to predict....also this storm did most of its organization the 12 hrs before landfall, seems odd to me that just 30 mins ago this location had peak gust to around 50 mph, waiting for the next update as it is now only a few miles from being in the center on the SE side....

Won’t the wind field expand as it moves inland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHC shifted the track about 20-30 miles east over GA and NC at 5pm. They have the center getting close to Oconee county SC now.

Won’t the wind field expand as it moves inland?

Sure thats why its a big ?......the only real big wind I am finding is located in the core band around the center.....100 mph gust here

BMX bumped forecasts up. Wouldn’t be surprised to see 80mph or more across the highlands of east AL.

image6.png

image12.png

Good useless tree, well except as firewood very dense burns long time......for some damn reason people love to plant these things in eastern NC.....makes no sense.....
Its a hideous tree and very weak, luckily its not planted as much anymore. Most of the ones around were planted back during the 2000s boom in housing. Bye bye ugly trees, even worse though is they are highly invasive and crowd our forests too. Best trees are oak trees, specifically Live Oak trees!

So someone tell me when was the last time. Oconee Pickens Greenville counties SC got a TS warning? Has it ever happened? I want to say no

Its a hideous tree and very weak, luckily its not planted as much anymore. Most of the ones around were planted back during the 2000s boom in housing. Bye bye ugly trees, even worse though is they are highly invasive and crowd our forests too. Best trees are oak trees, specifically Live Oak trees!

Seems like those and Leyland Cypress, both engineered, were the things to plant in the 90s. Now the Bradford pears are spreading everywhere. One fell on my last house. I wouldn’t hesitate cutting every one down with weather like this possible.

Back