• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally

WELL THIS REALLY AMPED UP FROM A FEW HRS AGO. THE STEERING IF IM SEEING THIS RIGHT SALLY HAS NO WHERE TO GO BUT NORTH THEN EAST, BUT THIS ALSO DEPENDS ON HOW FAST THE RIDGE ERODES OR MOVES TO THE EAST.. AND THIS IS PROB THE WRONG PLACE BUT I SEE TEDDY MOVING WAY WAY WEST WITH THE RIDGE THAT IS CURRENTLY IN PLACE OVER THERE AS WELL

Capture.JPG

MAYBE TRYING TO MOVE THE LLC BASED ON CURRENT IR SAT IMAGES. LOTS OF ON CONVECTION FIRING OFF TO THE WEST SIDE

Looks to me still that a 980mb pressure and 80-85mph winds are likely at landfall. The shear in the upper levels will keep any intensification to a minimum now
Yeah you can see some shear impinging on the W/SW side of system plus I know NHC says it's moving 2 mph, which really isn't moving lol, but I'm not sure it hasn't completely stalled. Anyway I'd lean towards the Euro right now, stalling, crawling weaker system but with massive qpf

My parents in gulf shores said the wind is shaking there beach house. And waves are "roaring"

So they’ve got her at 85mph. She was up to 105mph. If she doesn’t get her butt in gear moving faster than 2mph, she will continue to lose wind speed. That won’t negate the fact of surge though. We all remember Katrina was a Cat 3, but pushed a Cat 5 surge. Sandy did the same thing to the SE side of Staten Island along Father Cappodano Drive as well as Rockaway Beach and Breezy Point in Queens. Matter of fact, Breezy Point, Queens, was where they had the fire storm break out and burn down an entire city block of single family homes. Interesting side note: the homes were mainly occupied by FDNY and NYPD employees. Single family homes for those guys that wanted to get out of the city and be close to work. If anyone wants to see the damage from Sandy, let me know. I have hundreds of photos I took when I was TDY with a USAR team with FEMA.

One thing I noticed is the dry air isn't really effecting the storm like it was last night, so the moisture field is much better this morning. Not saying it will strengthen at the last minute but is it possible for one last strengthening??

Back