• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally

Actually thinking the opposite, this could largely rain itself out along the coast. And the flow isn’t the best for NC I will be on western side of the cyclone and much further north. If anything, this setup screams much colder wedge to me. It’s still gonna rain tho but doesn’t look impressive for what it’s doing now.
I think it will be a big flood threat for the southern NC mountains, southern foothills, and southern Piedmont and upstate of SC. The Euro has 3-6 inches of rain for those areas and the wedge boundary close by could enhance rainfall as the center is moving through Central GA. How far north the heaviest rains get might depend on the interaction with the approaching front from the west. Gulf tropical systems tend to have the heaviest rain shield to the north and northwest of the center once it’s been inland for a few hours

So with the warm water that she is in how much RI is going to occur?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

12z NAM...976......coming in on Tuesday night....
12z GFS..970..... coming in same time.
12z ICON 978....NOON on Wed.

ScreenshotCapture_2020_09_14_12_21_14_285.jpg

ScreenshotCapture_2020_09_14_12_24_56_620.jpg

ScreenshotCapture_2020_09_14_12_26_22_395.jpg

Now sally is at 90mph Just updated winds this has gone 65 a couple hours ago to 90 mph this thing is intensifying quick?
Yep, Postel on TWC , used the term RI

I think some people may be caught off guard with the intensity and have to scramble to leave at the last minute, with RI and the shifts E, think there was a little too much focus on New Orleans area! It stayed a weak TS storm for a few days, people were complacent!

Back