• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally

Outer cirrus from Sally, should be visible in ATL and such! Pics anybody? I think they always look cool and different!GSP area pics?

I think it will be a big flood threat for the southern NC mountains, southern foothills, and southern Piedmont and upstate of SC. The Euro has 3-6 inches of rain for those areas and the wedge boundary close by could enhance rainfall as the center is moving through Central GA. How far north the heaviest rains get might depend on the interaction with the approaching front from the west. Gulf tropical systems tend to have the heaviest rain shield to the north and northwest of the center once it’s been inland for a few hours
It could. Hopefully it ticks south long term for us and continues longer stall to weaken near the coast. Both would severely limit rains further north but would enhance cold cad.

HWRF around 960 at LF and just slightly west of the Ms/Al border

HMON around same pressure and just slightly east of the Ms/Al border

Outer cirrus from Sally, should be visible in ATL and such! Pics anybody? I think they always look cool and different!GSP area pics?

This is from my north facing front porch, just north of Acworth, GA. (Hope I attach the pic properly!) Think these clouds are related to the hurricane, but not completely sure. Very warm and muggy here! D195D51E-71F7-462E-9FED-D868005E3F68.jpeg

Back