• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally

Dang, Euro gonna be east as well... might even be as far east as the Ukie, stalls just off the tip of La, turns slowly North or NNE

Landfall shortly after midnight Wed night, Thurs morning on the Euro.... I mean look how close she is to the coast now and that's 60 hrs away. Holy poop
If that is anywhere close to being true, the beaches of Alabama and the Florida Panhandle are going to take quite a beating. Personally I’m not sure I buy into this sitting there that long. We’ve seen the Euro try to this in the past... remember when it had Florence sitting near Myrtle Beach for over 3 days.

If that is anywhere close to being true, the beaches of Alabama and the Florida Panhandle are going to take quite a beating. Personally I’m not sure I buy into this sitting there that long. We’ve seen the Euro try to this in the past... remember when it had Florence sitting near Myrtle Beach for over 3 days.

Yeah I can't see it still offshore on Wednesday honestly

Sally current motion is wnw, that motion is headed straight for the Mobile bay. I thought it was suppose to go more west towards extreme east Louisiana and than a north/east turn? Maybe the north turn happens sooner? If so that would put all of east extreme MS but bulls eyeing Mobile bay or just east of there.

Sally current motion is wnw, that motion is headed straight for the Mobile bay. I thought it was suppose to go more west towards extreme east Louisiana and than a north/east turn? Maybe the north turn happens sooner? If so that would put all of east extreme MS but bulls eyeing Mobile bay or just east of there.

Even a hour north at your location, I wouldn't be surprised to see a TS warning soon...

@SD euro shifted/expanded that rain shield a good bit north, I'm guessing this is met with your approval

View attachment 48562
That sucks. We don't need the rain and it's delaying the nice cool/dry air for one day (Saturday now a wash out). **Wouldn't this be interesting if this was mid January with a cold high anchored to the north.

@SD euro shifted/expanded that rain shield a good bit north, I'm guessing this is met with your approval

View attachment 48562

Very sharp cutoff of QPF on that northern fringe. Going to be fun to see how that evolves for those of us in North and Central Alabama. The trend for us has definetley been a slight jog to our SE with the higher rain totals today.

Going to be crazy for those on the gulf.

View attachment 48562
Jimmy, couple more trends SE and you’re looking at sprinkles with Shetley. Definitely a SE trend with heavy precip up into Carolinas

That sucks. We don't need the rain and it's delaying the nice cool/dry air for one day (Saturday now a wash out). **Wouldn't this be interesting if this was mid January with a cold high anchored to the north.

On the brightside, it won't be hot due to the possibility of a CAD.

Back