• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally

This storm I believe is gonna bring a catastrophic flooding event for some in the southeast. I really hope people prepare and I’m talking inland areas not just along the coast. This thing is a slow mover. Some areas is gonna see a significant rain event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming this convection holds, this is going to look like what I was thinking probably tomorrow.

Was just thinking until the last hour or so that it was now or never, although hopefully this doesn't intensify too much, the rain side of this will be enough of a problem.

Am I missing something or shouldn’t we be seeing more rainfall modeled across the western and central NC with this sort of track indicated by the clustered plots. A slow moving TC going thru central Georgia and SC with enhancement from a cold front you would think would bring fairly significant shield of heavy rainfall to the north of the track of the center.

Am I missing something or shouldn’t we be seeing more rainfall modeled across the western and central NC with this sort of track indicated by the clustered plots. A slow moving TC going thru central Georgia and SC with enhancement from a cold front you would think would bring fairly significant shield of heavy rainfall to the north of the track of the center.

You are correct and I believe modeling will catch on to it in the next day or so. The best case scenario for upstate sc western N.C. Ne Georgia would be a track across South Georgia and extreme southern sc. and that could happen however I don’t see this going to far north like into Tennessee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upslope is going to be a big problem especially for WNC.

Back