• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally Inland Effects

Where is he getting this from??? This doesn’t line up with any of the models that I’ve seen even the drier ones for that area, and it’s not even close to the WPC guidance.
Pretty sure its straight model output from some in-house model.
Ridiculous

Pretty sure its straight model output from some in-house model.
Ridiculous
Those in house models are always way too dry. I remember Brad P showing his in house model for Florence and just said flat out that it was wrong on amounts. I think for my place it was only showing 2-3 inches when the WPC guidance was 10-12... I ended up with 16.5.

Heavy rain moving onshore now North Carolina all around Wilmington headed for the piedmont. Rates over 2”. I could see two max areas for NC...one about 50 miles west of Charlotte from Sally mixing with the front and another about 75 miles east of Charlotte where the Atlantic is providing a pre-event. In the middle near Charlotte could be less but still a respectable 2-4”. Both east and west of there I expect some 6” or more totals.

Here’s what I’m thinking..two purple box areas could see 4 to 6”. In the yellow middle closer to 2-4”. North of there 1-3”. Just a rough outline..won’t be exact. Just for the Carolinas and Virginia. 3447523F-3A19-4FDB-9E12-A0F8C53311B4.jpeg

Well, we can kiss any threat of a Sept/Oct drought, goodbye! That will get us into low cape/high shear severe weather season in November. I don't know about you all, but I am happy to be entering fall with no drought. And what should be average fall temps. Couldn't ask for anything more!

Sally is stiring up the Gulf Stream tonight off North Carolina. I think they need to include a flash flood watch around Wilmington. 40E09FB8-BE9C-4722-B671-12689D00933B.jpeg

Well, we can kiss any threat of a Sept/Oct drought, goodbye! That will get us into low cape/high shear severe weather season in November. I don't know about you all, but I am happy to be entering fall with no drought. And what should be average fall temps. Couldn't ask for anything more!
Absolutely!!! The next 36-48 hours will be nasty, but when we are enjoying sunshine, 70 degrees and low humidity this weekend, it will feel great. I honestly don’t remember the last time we had any true fall weather this early with how freakin hot September and early Octobers have been lately

Only .61 here. TWC says 1-2in tonight and 2-3in tomorrow.... ok. Kinda sucks all the heavy rains will come down while I’m sleeping.
Dang, Buford must be getting the shaft. Only got .25 back home so far.

Here’s what I’m thinking..two purple box areas could see 4 to 6”. In the yellow middle closer to 2-4”. North of there 1-3”. Just a rough outline..won’t be exact. Just for the Carolinas and Virginia. View attachment 48853
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, even if there is a slither of accuracy in there, just ridiculous. Tick tock birdman tick tock

I think we are gonna see 3-
NW trend.... just practicing
Looks like Glenn Burns totals is gonna be a bust on the amount of rain I still think it will be more than what he is predicting.. 3-5 is a good bet above Atlanta and 4 to 6 south..Most of the heavy rain is well north of sally. And looking at the radar there is a lot of heavy rain coming straight north and it will pouring
all night in north Georgia

Back