• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally Inland Effects

I'm expecting somewhere around ~6" in South Charlotte. I'm a little scarred from Florence when we received about 7-10" and was placed under a Flash Flood Emergency due to horrible flooding. Hopefully this forecast busts!

Two things I’m noticing on the radar right now when you look at the whole SE. First of all, Sally is beginning to take on the classic look of an inland Gulf tropical cyclone with the shield of heavy rain to the north of the center. Second in the last several hours you can really see the showers start to develop along the wedge boundary in the SC midlands...as that boundary lifts northwest towards the eastern SC Upstate and SE NC Piedmont, it should be a focal point of at least moderate rain through much of the night.

Two things I’m noticing on the radar right now when you look at the whole SE. First of all, Sally is beginning to take on the classic look of an inland Gulf tropical cyclone with the shield of heavy rain to the north of the center. Second in the last several hours you can really see the showers start to develop along the wedge boundary in the SC midlands...as that boundary lifts northwest towards the eastern SC Upstate and SE NC Piedmont, it should be a focal point of at least moderate rain through much of the night.
Great read, but the last sentence was a bit of a letdown..

for this to be in more stable air, that’s some impressive rotation, tornado warnings to the south for the surface based stuff View attachment 48845View attachment 48846

Yeah, I have a sneaky suspicion that this thing is going to over perform as far as rainfall and severe weather is concerned. We may not to use that phrase during the winter, but I’m using today. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there could be a 6” total near the SC/NC border counties but likely going to be well west of Charlotte. I still think around 1” here and 2-4” south of here into Charlotte.

Speaking of snow... I’m sure all snow lovers in northern GA, Upstate SC, and NC Piedmont and foothills would love to see a radar looking like this sometime this winter with about a 1038mb sitting over Pennsylvania with a good Northeast snowpack.618A7987-1411-4F82-8E12-174D43256991.jpeg

I know it's silly but isn't it possible for snow to fall inside a hurricane at 30000 ft or so?

A training band over Dorchester/Charleston County Lines earlier produced extremely heavy rainfalls ...

From 145pm to 3pm, I picked up 2.57" of rain... it was still thumping and was thumping for another 90 minutes (I had to leave for work).. just 1 mile east down the road all the way to Goose Creek, light rains lol...

Speaking of snow... I’m sure all snow lovers in northern GA, Upstate SC, and NC Piedmont and foothills would love to see a radar looking like this sometime this winter with about a 1038mb sitting over Pennsylvania with a good Northeast snowpack.View attachment 48849
Probably get that look 2-3 times this winter! Sleet in GSP S of 85, Sleet in Concord! ?

The fact that he may be about to bust by 4-6 inches
View attachment 48851

edc06e3d651801b641ad4750ccde15ba.jpg

This is the map he used on the 6pm news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back