• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally Inland Effects

GSP is riding the WPC forecast for now, sticking to widespread 4-6” but mentions a localized 8-9” total is expected

Only 3"-4" of rain for me in the latest guidance. I was going to put out grass seed, but i'm thinking i'll just put it all in a line at the top of the hill now, and let the deluge wash into the yard. lol

Not sure if anyone noticed this..but here I’m under a Flood Watch. That’s a big difference compared to a Flash Flood Watch areas further south are under according to the NWS.

1-3 inches in 24 hours so failed to meet the criteria of the word “flash” per NWS AFD.

6z euro courtesy Allan Huffman

Allan Huffman

@RaleighWx

·
15m

The 6z ECMWF shows the axis of heaviest rain from Elizabeth City to Raleigh to Charlotte into upstate SC. 4-8 inches possible. #Sally
https://twitter.com/RaleighWx/status/1306212110511353856/photo/1

EiCY-_vXcAE8F5A

As [mention]Myfrotho704_ [/mention] pointed out two days ago about the possibility of severe weather in South Carolina and points toward Jacksonville NC. It’s looking more and more a sure thing. The warm Atlantic air mass colliding with a cold front and tropical air mass could cause scattered funnel clouds. Buoyancy will not be particularly strong, though a couple of factors may contribute to pockets of moderate instability, including areas of insolation, which could locally increase MUCAPE values around or above 1000 J/kg in the pre-convective airmass and slightly higher dewpoints/boundary-layer moisture over South Carolina and vicinity due to maritime influences from the Gulf Stream

8d6f474a11dcd115c27401e3a1d183eb.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep like I thought. My guess is 2-4 but hope 3-5 is possible. Kirk Mellish is thinking 1-3 for most areas but 2-4 SE areas with 6in in spots.
HRRR latest 12z shows around 2" to 2.5" for most of Atlanta. I'm thinking around 2" to 3" for my area. I don't believe the Euro output. Watching trends to the SW for sure. This won't make any flash flooding as it's been several weeks without measurable rainfall.

6z euro courtesy Allan Huffman

Allan Huffman
@RaleighWx

·
15m

The 6z ECMWF shows the axis of heaviest rain from Elizabeth City to Raleigh to Charlotte into upstate SC. 4-8 inches possible. #Sally

EiCY-_vXcAE8F5A

Going to just sit here quietly and imagine that's a 48 hour snowfall map in inches. With that being the case, I'll estimate about 50% of what's shown to be reality. For MBY anyway.

Going to just sit here quietly and imagine that's a 48 hour snowfall map in inches. With that being the case, I'll estimate about 50% of what's shown to be reality. For MBY anyway.
If it was winter I would love where I was because usually the heaviest always ends up 1-3 counties further north than shown. But in this case I do believe 1-3 counties south of me so southern Iredell to Charlotte could see those 2-4” amounts.

C’mon man... 4-8” possible for Elizabeth City? Dude, my yard is a swamp as it is.

IDK why..I’m just never a fan of these too many color maps. Esp when upslope can be triggered in the north faster than down East they usually out to lunch. 1172BBEF-CA06-42D6-8F3C-C678DE1A3215.jpeg

Back