• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally Inland Effects

I don’t know about you all, but I’m curious to see how this storm completely skips over JHS’s house while soaking the rest of the state and region. It’s gonna be one for the books!

But in all seriousness, flooding is going to be a major problem tomorrow into Friday. Not looking forward to those commutes! And the tornado threat looks to be legit, possibly for CLT and RAH. All depends on the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From our buddy Glenn Burns
Some significant changes with Sally.
1. Storm is on shore and weakening rapidly
2. Slight track change slightly to the northeast (no impact change)
3. MOVING MUCH FASTER than the NHC thought yesterday.

Bottom line is that the rapid weakening and accelerated forward speed means MUCH LESS RAIN and the RAIN ENDING FASTER. Most of it ends around dawn tomorrow. Will be getting new models for rainfall shortly...now looks like 1-3" from what I can tell now. Waiting for further info to be sure.

Bottom line is that the rapid weakening and accelerated forward speed means MUCH LESS RAIN and the RAIN ENDING FASTER. Most of it ends around dawn tomorrow. Will be getting new models for rainfall shortly...now looks like 1-3" from what I can tell now. Waiting for further info to be sure.
Also posted this showing 1-2 inches of rain for Atlanta.FB76C21F-694A-4252-9C67-84B7572A573F.jpeg
I don’t know about anyone else, but this feels a little too low. I think 2-4 is a safe bet in the metro right now.

Bust

It looks to me like much of the NW metro is in the 2-3" range ?

Fair enough for much of NW metro, but it appears that Carrollton is just over 3" with the SEridge nowhere in sight.

;) ;)

Last edited:

I wouldn’t say it’s moving “Much faster” that seems like a bit of an exaggeration. And of course the storms is weakening, it’s on land. Glenn always posts stuff like this...
L

I don’t know about you all, but I’m curious to see how this storm completely skips over JHS’s house while soaking the rest of the state and region. It’s gonna be one for the books!

But in all seriousness, flooding is going to be a major problem tomorrow into Friday. Not looking forward to those commutes! And the tornado threat looks to be legit, possibly for CLT and RAH. All depends on the track.

Yeah I haven’t really been too worried about the severe threat here while tracking this, but it definitely looks like a possibility now at least for those of us the southeast part of CLT metro

Back