• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Sally Inland Effects

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
Steady rain for a while now, looks like the heavier stuff will likely pull over early in the morning.

But part of me is wondering if this is going to end sooner than expected just by looking at radar trends and the HRRR does have this ending in the morning tomorrow. Even if so, the areas that get under the heaviest rain bands are going to get a fairly healthy high total...

Fisherman

Reaction score
Steady rain for a while now, looks like the heavier stuff will likely pull over early in the morning.

But part of me is wondering if this is going to end sooner than expected just by looking at radar trends and the HRRR does have this ending in the morning tomorrow. Even if so, the areas that get under the heaviest rain bands are going to get a fairly healthy high total...
It’s pouring and some wind here in Cherokee County. Look at radar and and rain is definitely picking up in intensity. It’s like your in a squall line🤷‍♂️

BufordWX

Hometown: Buford, GA
Reaction score
Rain gauge back home now up to 3/4 of an inch. Heaviest rain is still to come it as the main rain bands continue moving in.

I would say Atlanta and west has another 6-8 hours of the heavier rain to go with the east side having between 8-10 hours to go.

Reaction score
Rain gauge back home now up to 3/4 of an inch. Heaviest rain is still to come it as the main rain bands continue moving in.

I would say Atlanta and west has another 6-8 hours of the heavier rain to go with the east side having between 8-10 hours to go.
Burns calling for 1-2” tells you how big of a joke he’s become

BufordWX

Hometown: Buford, GA
Reaction score
Flash flood warnings now up for parts of the Atlanta metro and areas south.
40B1A25A-B922-4831-8E8C-97B1CDAA81F7.jpeg

Meanwhile my rain gauge back home is starting to see the highest rain rates so far. Currently got rain rates between a quarter and a half inch an hour. Current storm total is 1.12 inches.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Shocker, the rain is further north and sooner than modeled with a TC remnant interacting with an incoming trough. @SD happens every time doesn't it?

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
No change here, very little way in the way of precip rates due to cold dry wedge eating away at some of it per NWS. Some locations will stay in the 50s for a high temp. Isolated frost early next week above 3,500ft.

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Shocker, the rain is further north and sooner than modeled with a TC remnant interacting with an incoming trough. @SD happens every time doesn't it?
Funny though that some people took the far southeast track hook line sinker and are still trying to hold on as the track inches NW. I think the tornado threat has made it's way at least into mby if not into RDU

SimeonNC

Supporter
Reaction score
The SPC has moved the severe threat SE, which is what I felt would happen. Also there were apparently two tornado warnings in the midlands of SC.