• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally Inland Effects

Shocker, the rain is further north and sooner than modeled with a TC remnant interacting with an incoming trough. @SD happens every time doesn't it?

No change here, very little way in the way of precip rates due to cold dry wedge eating away at some of it per NWS. Some locations will stay in the 50s for a high temp. Isolated frost early next week above 3,500ft.

Shocker, the rain is further north and sooner than modeled with a TC remnant interacting with an incoming trough. @SD happens every time doesn't it?
Funny though that some people took the far southeast track hook line sinker and are still trying to hold on as the track inches NW. I think the tornado threat has made it's way at least into mby if not into RDU

The SPC has moved the severe threat SE, which is what I felt would happen. Also there were apparently two tornado warnings in the midlands of SC.

Funny though that some people took the far southeast track hook line sinker and are still trying to hold on as the track inches NW. I think the tornado threat has made it's way at least into mby if not into RDU

WRAL seems to be really hyping the tornado threat around here, too.

NHC just pulled the plug. Last advisory. Maybe that’s a little better news for us. The new NHC rain map is less as a result.

A little over 4 inches of rain, and still coming down pretty good. Been raining for almost 24 hours straight, very much ready for it to be done.

Agreed, some gonna follow that while dumping their overflowing antique rain gauge, but yeah if the 3K nam is to be believed if actually gets a slight tor risk back to RDU and even into mby, very close anyway. That boundary kinda zig zags NE to SW through the central part of the state, where that is exactly this afternoon makes all the difference

Dry slot appears to be expanding I wonder if this could contribute to the severe tornado threat East of Charlotte. But good news the end of the rain is within site south of GSP. 2D03C4E1-92FF-4DBB-B196-81C00DED642F.jpeg

It's a pretty solid threat this afternoon especially with an old warm front/tmb lingering over the area
Yep, something else you can see coming a mile away.... lp moving along a CAD/warm front boundary has helped spin-ups more than a few times

Ended up with about 1/3" here. Very sharp cutoff with rainfall totals to the northwest of the track, as expected.
Yep last advisory and the center didn’t make it to southern Georgia yet. Just went way too far south and then east for much rain further north. Radar looks ok but people don’t realize the surface cad is undercutting the tropical rates aloft. So it’s..very un-tropical like..not a washout unless you are in the main band of rain.

Back