• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

If other 0z models do the same (I honestly wasn't paying that close attention to the NAM), boy it's so bad that we're at the 3 day mark and still might not know what's going to happen.

Should get some resolution tomorrow though.

That's how it's been the past few years when we have a real threat. It's been as hard forecasting the track and intensity of tropical systems as it is possible winter storms here.

Welp Isaias officially ruined my vacation. Holden beach evacuating tomorrow @ 7pm. Evacuation seems ridiculous for a tropical storm
We were at Carolina beach In June and the beach erosion was brutal from that week long NE fetch. If this storm has any size and strength its gonna crush those beaches down there.

We were at Carolina beach In June and the beach erosion was brutal from that week long NE fetch. If this storm has any size and strength its gonna crush those beaches down there.

I remember Irene in 2011 we lost the snack bar and pavilion at our local County Park at Folly Beach. It just reopened this year

Ukie would put several million SC/NC peeps out of power...landfall over Southport......treat these maps like snowfall clown maps though as I am not sure how accurate these are....though at that kind of pressure those wind speeds are doable....

us_model-en-087-0_modgbr_2020080100_90_480_149.png
us_model-en-087-0_modgbr_2020080100_90_480_379.png

us_model-en-087-0_modgbr_2020080100_96_480_379.png

Euro is east for sure this is gonna be somewhat better for South Florida but worse up the coast

Pretty decent flare up around the center again, this one a bit better than the previous few tries....
Composite radar looks like this cold top flare is putting it substantially closer to closing off again. Let’s see if it lasts or breaks up again.

The NHC keeps it at 85 at 5am then slowly weaken it farther out....I guess outside of the Ukie and a few others most models do have it in the 995-1000 mb range off SC/NC....

6z ICON LF near Myrtle and up 95. Would be gusty and rainy around here for sure.

Yeah basically a 70-75 mph system at landfall obviously any stronger than that and issues increase significantly, even then this type of wind for 5-6 hrs would put a lot of people in the dark

us_model-en-087-0_moddeu_2020080106_81_480_149.pngus_model-en-087-0_moddeu_2020080106_81_480_211.png

GFS about the same as the ICON/Ukie track wise but weaker with the wind and a much smaller wind field......

Back