• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

Checked NWS Raleigh Twitter , apparently they had Goldsboro in the 70 mph wind gust range. They only recorded 40 and that was the highest away from coast . This is still early I’m sure as they check more it will change but quite underwhelming .

According to my station, it looks like I picked up 2.65 since 7:30 pm (when I installed it) with a max wind gust of 25 mph.

Looks like that's pretty in line with what others experienced around here. Anyone nearby have bigger wind than that?

I would imagine a couple of gusts in the 50s back to 95 and 2-3" of rain possible back to the Triangle. Unless we get unexpected strengthening overnight, I would think pretty non-severe impacts here.
Not a bad forecast, as it turned out. I haven't seen the wind maps, so I don't know how far west the big wind gusts got. And I think parts of Wake at least got close to 3-4" rain. But those cool wind maps are always way overdone. That's pretty much a lock every time. Like snow maps.

Not a bad forecast, as it turned out. I haven't seen the wind maps, so I don't know how far west the big wind gusts got. And I think parts of Wake at least got close to 3-4" rain. But those cool wind maps are always way overdone. That's pretty much a lock every time. Like snow maps.

Yeah seems a standard reduction of 40 to 50% for those wind maps.

Back