• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

Gotta say that Isaias has been a solid tornado producer. Got another one on the ground in southern Virginia.36157D13-33DA-4B89-972E-9F0FFCA8F0CD.png

PDS Tornado warning on the North Carolina-Virginia border.View attachment 46030
Gotta say that Isaias has been a solid tornado producer. Got another one on the ground in southern Virginia.View attachment 46031

My wife's mother is in the hospital in Suffolk. My wife is staying at her mom's house in Newsoms. She called and told me she heard the tornado.

My wife said she was asleep and got an alert on her phone. She went into the bathroom and said she heard what sounded like a train go overhead for 5 minutes.

Here in Greenville just had a gust that was way way more intense than any other. The classic rumble in the distance. Hard to guess but if these other gusts are 40s I’d say it probably touched the low 60s. Saw multiple large branches falling everywhere during it.

very intense. I’ve never seen so many bright power flashes. lighting up the sky all over.

Here in Greenville just had a gust that was way way more intense than any other. The classic rumble in the distance. Hard to guess but if these other gusts are 40s I’d say it probably touched the low 60s. Saw multiple large branches falling everywhere during it.

very intense. I’ve never seen so many bright power flashes. lighting up the sky all over.

Yeah saw atleast a dozen power flashes. Had some decent gusts but its hard to judge them at night like this but I'd guess 50-60 at their worst. Strong but not strong enough to take down too many trees.

Yeah saw atleast a dozen power flashes. Had some decent gusts but its hard to judge them at night like this but I'd guess 50-60 at their worst. Strong but not strong enough to take down too many trees.

yeah that’s matching up well with stations now. PGV reporting gust of 54. So probably some 60s around out there.

Yep I think the lack of rain is helping a lot too. Shouldn’t be too much cleanup for Pitt county.

Even early this morning Isaias is still dropping some tornadoes over parts of Virginia.A1D7E2DA-1BAA-4BA9-9FC7-D1CBCC6474D4.png

Back