• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

Not trying to derail the thread but that's not necessarily accurate, I live in a very rural county and they are going virtual.... the school District my wife works in (Roanoke Rapids) would be considered suburban and they are in person k-8, virtual HS. Me thinks other factors at play but absolutely wrong thread Lol
Oh yeah definitely agree it’s dependent but the rural/suburban in general is pretty accurate.

Yeah.... I think regardless if this is a 80 mph cane or 70 mph TS at LF it really doesn't effect what the sensible weather will be in our areas too much. It will be quick hitter with some pretty good gust, that track actually puts you and I squarely in the path
Yeah we are gonna whatever this has to offer, expecting 35-45 mph winds some gusts maybe up to 50 or so, and a lot of rain, maybe one of us gets lucky and pots over 6”?!

I’m definitely ready for a good soaking rain, that can go a long way to tempering the heat in the summer (esp if we enter a dry spell) and my yard could certainly use it
Absolutely. Mine went from crunchy brown to a nice lake since Friday. I think that’s why the NWS was so quick with the flash flood watch and then the Flood Advisory this morning.

Yeah we are gonna whatever this has to offer, expecting 35-45 mph winds some gusts maybe up to 50 or so, and a lot of rain, maybe one of us gets lucky and pots over 6”?!
I'm gonna say you will be the lucky jackpot on precip totals, it has to overcome the "Darlington Desert" up here plus it should be racing by then limiting totals.

I think we're seeing a hot mess of a system here... Isaias is definitely feeling the influence of the trough as noted by the uptick in forward speed here...

We already maybe seeing the beginning of a transition to pushing some of the deeper convection to the north and northwest side in time as it is about to round the corner....

Be prepared to potentially see some of those NW side have those insane wind gusts as this system gets further north and baroclinicity ramps up later

This really reminds me of Bertha in at least the way the radar looks.....she had the half a cane look much like the current radar, also the center is big on radar but its showing signs of improvement ( on radar at least) and again a lot can and will change over the next 12-16 hrs.

Updated Tropical Storm & Damaging 50 kt wind probabilities for the Carolinas

View attachment 45890
View attachment 45889

I guess I should probably put the Blanton’s away until I get the deck cleared and take the hummingbird feeders down. Damn. I was ready to day drink again.

[mention]Webberweather53 [/mention] Eric, what’s your professional opinion on possible sustained winds around here?

I guess I should probably put the Blanton’s away until I get the deck cleared and take the hummingbird feeders down. Damn. I was ready to day drink again.

[mention]Webberweather53 [/mention] Eric, what’s your professional opinion on possible sustained winds around here?
Sustained winds maybe 40 mph or so a few gusts getting to 50-60, nothing we aren’t used to seeing with summertime thunderstorms, the duration though will be longer

First convective band coming thru Mount Pleasant right now... if it rains like this all day long I could definitely see reaching 5 or 6 inches.

I think its just starting to get good. Convection shifting N and NW of center, divergence increasing, lets go

I agree, radar shows like he is trying to consolidate his center, then he needs to get to work on banding, he may not wrap up the center until 6-8 hrs before landfall when the west side starts to interact with land.....that could also help tighten the core up and push pressure down as he comes in....still A LOT of time for things to go up and down....

Back