• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

eb6c0dc5e6cc270d9af906a1c79ec7b8.jpg

Can someone smarter than me explain the highlighted area, please? Why would that paragraph even be included???

I just had a pretty large tree fall on my house! First time ever in my life. Damage to eaves/roof. And this is with no big wind. It came down very close to where I was. Huge boom. Scared the crap out of me. Pic is too large to upload.
Oh man hope you’re ok! Definitely send a report into NWS!

I just had a pretty large tree fall on my house! First time ever in my life. Damage to eaves/roof. And this is with no big wind. It came down very close to where I was. Huge boom. Scared the crap out of me. Pic is too large to upload.
You ok man? Take a screen shot of the lic on your phone and then upload the screen shot. That should work.

He has to get his core fixed and protected. Again this morning we saw a nice pulse but now that has waned. We should in theory see another pulse up once we get that NE motion. Isaias will then be traveling in parallel to the shear which should help limit its impact.

I think we will see some slow organization today up until landfall. Will probably just start looking good as it makes landfall this evening. We should see a jump up in winds especially around the center as the core breathes some once we see that NE motion.

Of course there is a lot of "I thinks" in there haha

Need the LLC to move more NNE sooner rather than later.....there is a new flare up on the SE side of the MLC if it can get going maybe that will be the spark to refire this thing.

Most weirdest upslope I’ve ever seen. Lightning and training storms all morning going to run into mudslide issues soon. I don’t know if areas here can release water downstream with the tropical storm hitting down there?

Safe to throw out the rain total forecast I wouldnt be surprised for some areas to see 6-10” once all is said and done. Starting since yesterday. E4602F9B-68C8-4C67-A6DB-597B5810B1C1.jpeg

We need this system 200 miles west. Maybe later on in the year we'll get one to come up from the gulf into FLA and up into the mountains. Have not had a system take that track since Frances in 2004.

Well I disagree with Webber I think this is the main event for some with ties to the tropical storm. I think as the storm nears, attention will focus East to Raleigh as the atmosphere has been getting worked over since yesterday for areas in the west quad. 92CFE76F-3053-4322-B884-2523E5D0DD86.jpeg

A few hot towers going up on the NW side of the MLC.....NHC basically says give it some time they think the improving conditions still make this a cane....

Well I disagree with Webber I think this is the main event for some with ties to the tropical storm. I think as the storm nears, attention will focus East to Raleigh as the atmosphere has been getting worked over since yesterday for areas in the west quad. View attachment 45922

LOL. Did a parakeet tell you that?

Well I disagree with Webber I think this is the main event for some with ties to the tropical storm. I think as the storm nears, attention will focus East to Raleigh as the atmosphere has been getting worked over since yesterday for areas in the west quad. View attachment 45922

This is not the main event dodo bird.

If you edit the picture by cropping a small portion out it should let you upload the photo

A few hot towers going up on the NW side of the MLC.....NHC basically says give it some time they think the improving conditions still make this a cane....

yep. Stalled out and looks like it’s aligning some. N motion Is going to begin in the next hour and I expect to see it start to organize from that point onward.

Back