• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

I agree, radar shows like he is trying to consolidate his center, then he needs to get to work on banding, he may not wrap up the center until 6-8 hrs before landfall when the west side starts to interact with land.....that could also help tighten the core up and push pressure down as he comes in....still A LOT of time for things to go up and down....
Yeah that’s what I’m expecting to see here, the broader/weaker nature of Isaias is good news for bringing more rain deeper into the piedmont but this mid-high grade tropical storms/low end hurricanes tend to benefit from frictional convergence right before landfall

Yeah that’s what I’m expecting to see here, the broader/weaker nature of Isaias is good news for bringing more rain deeper into the piedmont but this mid-high grade tropical storms/low end hurricanes tend to benefit from frictional convergence right before landfall

Irene did it

Bertha did it I mean she looked WAYYYY worse than he currently does on the way up...

Irene did it

Bertha did it I mean she looked WAYYYY worse than he currently does on the way up...

Bertha arguably isn't a good comparison, it was already a solid category 1 hurricane on its way northward and had some semblance of an inner core and thus was more liable to take advantage of a favorable environment, whereas Isaias is arguably just a mid-grade tropical storm and whatever core it had last night has completely eroded away.

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 9.57.50 AM.png

3k with a move east. Still cranks winds pretty good from Wake east, but by the time the east shifts are done, it will probably end up just breezy.

So what does he have to do to get healthy looking again?......

He is still moving just west of north according to recon so I suppose moving more N or NNE would help as bit as it would get him moving more with the shear axis and be a little less sheared.....the vis loop shows he is trying to wrap up but as usual is struggling......

So what does he have to do to get healthy looking again?......

He is still moving just west of north according to recon so I suppose moving more N or NNE would help as bit as it would get him moving more with the shear axis and be a little less sheared.....the vis loop shows he is trying to wrap up but as usual is struggling......

He has to get his core fixed and protected. Again this morning we saw a nice pulse but now that has waned. We should in theory see another pulse up once we get that NE motion. Isaias will then be traveling in parallel to the shear which should help limit its impact.

I think we will see some slow organization today up until landfall. Will probably just start looking good as it makes landfall this evening. We should see a jump up in winds especially around the center as the core breathes some once we see that NE motion.

Of course there is a lot of "I thinks" in there haha

I just got hit with a tstorm warning for storms moving S to N. There is no way this can be associated with Isaias, right? I’m too far north.

I just had a pretty large tree fall on my house! First time ever in my life. Damage to eaves/roof. And this is with no big wind. It came down very close to where I was. Huge boom. Scared the crap out of me. Pic is too large to upload.

Edit: For the record, this occurred near 9:55 AM.

Last edited:
Back