Tropical Hurricane Isaias

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
You can see this reflected in some of the wind maps with the SE quad of the circulation having the strongest winds.....

From the latest NHC disco..

The decrease in the shear should result in
less tilt to the cyclone, allowing Isaias to strengthen and regain
hurricane status just before making landfall, and most of the
intensity guidance shows a 60-65 kt system at that time. After
landfall, Isaias is forecast to only slowly weaken due to
interaction with an unusually strong winter-type jetstream that will
be possessing winds of 100-120 kt.

Been trying to see if I can find any low level drying on that baskside along with that strong llj, so far struggled to find drying in the low levels but the northernly llj is quite strong on its backside so if any low level drying was to occur than it would easily mix down

Yeah reminds me a lot of Hanna (2008) in that regard

Reactions: Myfrotho704_
Solid improvement on the radar loop, might even be stacking back up a bit...models still showing strong hurricane force gust IMBY though those maps are probably overdone at least 10-15%.

Oh man hope you’re ok! Definitely send a report into NWS!

I'm ok, thank you. Nobody got hurt, which is, of course, the most important thing. I called the NWS, but I don't know if they're going to include it because the wind was likely not more than 30 mph and it hadn't even rained that much. So, I think the tree came down mainly because it wasn't healthy and thus it didn't take much wind.

I'm ok, thank you. Nobody got hurt, which is, of course, the most important thing. I called the NWS, but I don't know if they're going to include it because the wind was likely not more than 30 mph and it hadn't even rained that much. So, I think the tree came down mainly because it wasn't healthy and thus it didn't take much wind.

That's glad to hear and thankful you're ok! That's interesting, I guess they wouldn't consider that wind damage, which makes sense now that you mention the lack of rain

We were completely gapped by the first band in Raleigh. I wouldn't be surprised if the Triad sees higher totals than us LOL.

All the counties around me (and mine) are rural. All virtual.
It's a mix here of in person for a week virtual for two. Its so they can reduce class size and keep social distancing. Sorry not trying to go off topic just trying to clarify its not all in person here where me and blue ridge are from (McDowell). And man has it been raining hard here all morning. Im definitely getting some much beneficial rain. Hope you guys to my east at the coast stay safe.

Have the new Hwrfs and Hmons come out and shifted the track way east again yet?