• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

Although it’s tough to tell with radar it sure seems like the LLC and MLC are stacked again or very close to it. Radar looks like an eyewall is almost closed off.
The base elevation scan is still well above the ground level here, id like to see what recon finds when they go back into this storm

It will be interesting to see if it actually tracks west of the sounds. Even money it doesn't.

Yeah, I'm thinking right over ILM to New Bern so just a hair west. Good by me, no desire to deal with power/trees down. I think it's going to be pretty bad in eastern/coastal NC/SC. I hope it's not though.

Now that these outer bands have departed the triangle, it makes me wonder if those core bands can come close enough to give us additional rain. It appears, with it moving ne now, that it might barely get close enough.

Geez that band off the NNW eyewall looks rough. :oops:

Who's in MYR today?

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 2.15.35 PM.png

Is the nasty thunderstorms we are getting in western Georgia associated with a front or any other feature that will be interacting with Isaias? The 2 storms that just rolled thru my area had some of the wildest lightning I’ve seen in quite sometime.

Been going to Holden Beach for 30 straight years. Faces due south and the road on one end of the island goes into the ocean from direct hits taking in the past. Web cams there are runing for now

Back