• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

Been going to Holden Beach for 30 straight years. Faces due south and the road on one end of the island goes into the ocean from direct hits taking in the past. Web cams there are runing for now

We were at carolina beach in june during the ULL and the NE fetch there had destroyed the beach. This is gonna be ugly for them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200614-081541_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200614-081541_Gallery.jpg
    979.1 KB · Views: 35
I really hadnt even looked today as I tend to let things play out when they get this close and to be honest I wasnt expecting any strengthening after his abysmal appearance this morning.

Hmmm. Thats interesting. This basically shows the heaviest rain along and to the west of the center. Isnt the heaviest rain usually along and to the east of the center ?
Not in cases like this where there’s strong dynamical support from an approaching upper trough. As tropical cyclones like this undergo extratropical transition, most of their precip usually shifts left of track and they begin tilting NW with height like an extra tropical cyclone

How is there not a plane in there around the clock?

Great question. Next plane isn't until 7:30pm I believe which is a massive gap. I don't understand why they often send 2 planes in at around the same time instead of 1 at a time for better coverage. And Wilmington radar is pretty useless with the tree issue.

Great question. Next plane isn't until 7:30pm I believe which is a massive gap. I don't understand why they often send 2 planes in at around the same time instead of 1 at a time for better coverage. And Wilmington radar is pretty useless with the tree issue.
7:30?? That is ridiculous, shoot thing could explode (probably not) and be a solid 90 mph cane at that point.... There is no reason whatsoever when a TC is this close to coast to not have all available data, good grief

The center is already deviating east of the cone.
Regarding track changes you’re seeing on radar it’s important to remind yourself that what you’re seeing is actually not the surface center. The lowest radar beam height on the Charleston radar is 4km and while the low and mid level centers are probably more stacked than they were yesterday we really don’t know for sure how tilted this is until it gets closer to the radar or if a recon plane is in the storm taking in situ measurements

7:30?? That is ridiculous, shoot thing could explode (probably not) and be a solid 90 mph cane at that point.... There is no reason whatsoever when a TC is this close to coast to not have all available data, good grief

Frankly it may be pushing that already, if there was a plane out there right now I cant see how they wouldnt find a 80 mph cane based on radar at least......landfall is roughly around midnight, but its already got a lot of the core restructuring done, once the west side of the core gets onshore I bet it drops even more pressure....

The Euro run was beastly for eastern NC, 50 mph or better gust for most of the state from the Triangle to the coast...it has me getting TS gust or better for 10 hrs.....and cane force from 3am to 9amish.....even if you knock 10-15% off those higher end numbers its still going to be the worst inland hit over a large area since Bertha or Fran IMO....

I really need the Euro to be right timing wise as it will at least give me probably the best winds between 6-8am so I can video it....

Light to moderate rain in my area...
Barely any wind at all...
Low clouds continue to move W to WNW..
The LLC and MLC are not co located with each other yet...

Back