• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

Why such a discrepancy between the 1001mb vs the 996 on the dropsonde?
View attachment 45906

The dropsonde probably didn't reach the surface at 996mb. Don't think the NHC will go w/ a new MSLP of 1000mb though until we get another sonde. That first pass was atrocious however, Isaias is clearly weaker this morning

Wow he sure went to hell fast.....but they can also improve just as fast so lets not go writing this off just yet.....

He had a hard fight yesterday and is just taking a breather....he got really elongated N/S, the window for him to get his crap together really starts another 6-8 hrs.....most models landfall him around midnight tonight on the latest runs so he has 15-16 hrs to go.....a lot can change in that time....

Just a slight westward tick vs 6z, considering Isaias is weaker this makes sense. Brings more rain and wind further into the piedmont perhaps

Yeah.... I think regardless if this is a 80 mph cane or 70 mph TS at LF it really doesn't effect what the sensible weather will be in our areas too much. It will be quick hitter with some pretty good gust, that track actually puts you and I squarely in the path

They start back here in person on August 17th. If you’re a rural county it’s in person, suburban or urban county, mostly virtual.
Not trying to derail the thread but that's not necessarily accurate, I live in a very rural county and they are going virtual.... the school District my wife works in (Roanoke Rapids) would be considered suburban and they are in person k-8, virtual HS. Me thinks other factors at play but absolutely wrong thread Lol

Back