• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ida

She is still struggling to maintain thunderstorms around the center, she almost had the entire center wrapped with storms but now she had quite a bit of warming cloud tops the last few frames...

Data is probably laggingg if it's it's looking better as a whole. If what delta said above about it forming a eye soon. Then no doubt it's strengthening at a good rate.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
I'm not saying it won't, I'm saying it hasn't...yet.

Certainly seems poised to take off once Ida gets her eyewall built but with these systems you just never know....recon should be about to get a few center fixes to see if she has the eye stabilized....
The last vortex message at least had a circular eye. Earlier, it was a 10mi X30 mile egg. No doubt the structure is improving but there's no denying it was an underperformer overnight.

Don't beat me up yall.....lol but I do see a lot of "northerly" movement....I know it will likely be a little blip...but something we have to watch for

LOL I thought the same but at this stage of eye development its really hard to tell....once she pops a distinct eye that kind of motion will be easier to determine, I wont be surprised to find the next fix NNW of the last one though....

That would put it at about a Cat 12

We do have another Nam run coming up here in just a little bit, so that just might be possible.
Nam is starting to shut it's 3rd eye some so I think it's becoming a tad more reasonable lol

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Back