• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Phil, it would be a haul form B'ham to your abode but if help becomes needed to prepare just shout out. I have PTO days and it's a long weekend. Otherwise know the prayers have already begun for all who could be impacted.
That is perhaps the nicest post I've ever been a party to, here or at those other long forgotten places! Thanks! Think we'll be OK, but if all Hades breaks loose, I'll send out a shout!
Best and Thanks!
Phil

Is that just a little area of dry air or a actual eye tryna get going ? ? very tiny but it’s trying if it is 8CB8F8A1-3B11-4426-A51E-BA6667C07282.jpeg

204641_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Interested to see if the models start agree more or if another trend starts. Honestly at this point nothing would surprise me, we’re still at a point where there could be some dramatic changes regarding the track especially with the amount of variables steering this storm.

Note that the highest concentration of the strong nonrecurving members into FL of the 12Z EPS are those that move W or WSW toward S FL. Notice that those north of the black line are largely moving WNW and are weaker (green). That makes sense because those further south have a stronger ridge to the north thus providing more favorable conditions though I think the greens are too weak.

Slightest tick south or more west at 5:00 ... bad for me (NE quad and all), but good if it signals a trend way south and to old Mexico ...

204641_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

On the radar It definitely looks more of a northerly track than a westerly one. Regardless of the track this will be an interesting storm to watch!

Back