• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

I hate to say it, but that is a classic looking upper level pattern for a big hit on the South East Coast. A strong hurricane moving westward underneath a ridge of high pressure to the North is about as classic is you one or maybe not want to see if you're in Florida in the South east
Yes, it's mainly the general upper air pattern that you describe that gives me a bad feeling about Dorian.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Would this track IF right be a worst then Last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would have to say it's up in the air. The further south in FL it makes landfall, the stronger it'll be in the Gulf as it'll have more time. I doubt it'll be a cat 5 if it were to make it there like Michael was, but a major would be still bad.

I thought the models (some) were initializing it weaker which was causing a south tug. If its stronger than modeled won't it pull north? I don't know much about it, just trying to sort it out.....

For the short term, yes, but as we have been talking about for days that if it misses the islands and goes ballistic the outflow will pump the ridge to its north and get a farther west solution.

For real time weather video check out snapchat and slide over to the US Virgin Islands. Beautiful area despite the hurricane conditions. Lots of users uploading short clips of the storm.

What impact would that have on Tampa Bay
Not being flippant ... 1st, by the time it got from wherever to Tampa, assuming it were an east coast landfall, you'd most likely have a high end TS or low end 'Cane, and Tampa is more than built for that; 2nd, depending on strength and if the COC were north or south of the Bay, you'd either see a lot of water going into the Gulf or the Hillsborough River getting way out of its banks ... in other words, too soon to tell.

can't and won't use certain 4 letter words, so read between the lines ... one of the biggest cluster f's I've seen in a long time ...
Phil, it would be a haul form B'ham to your abode but if help becomes needed to prepare just shout out. I have PTO days and it's a long weekend. Otherwise know the prayers have already begun for all who could be impacted.

Back