• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Last week the WRAL mets were already saying it wouldn't be a big deal for us because it'll get shredded by the islands. Hope they didn't speak too soon.

Last week the WRAL mets were already saying it wouldn't be a big deal for us because it'll get shredded by the islands. Hope they didn't speak too soon.
For NC I wouldn't even worry about it regardless. It's going to be blocked by the high. It's more of a threat to FL, GA, and the southern part of SC if it goes far enough north, and FL to LA if it goes for the Gulf. If it gets shredded, then only PR and Hispaniola.

However it it goes way north of the expected path NC could be impacted.

GFS Legacy makes landfall in Florida as...I suppose a Category 2 and then goes a bit left it looks like to me.

West this run
gfs-legacy_mslp_pcpn_watl_29.png

Legacy, ICON, and NAVGEM all have it hitting FL around the same place. Legacy with the double landfall in FL. Yikes!

I think the CMC lost it's mind. It hit the shredder dead on and although it does dissipate, it doesn't get totally shredded.

Back