• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Folks, 0z ICON is east of 18z. Relax I’m going to bed on that note. Foolish some are practically wish casting west west west when there is plenty of time to go north like the euro suggests and even plenty of wiggle room to get further west to Georgia without hitting.

ICON landfall at hr 75 on a NW heading into the cape Canaveral area (was moving NW at that point)
Folks, 0z ICON is east of 18z. Relax I’m going to bed on that note. Foolish some are practically wish casting west west west when there is plenty of time to go north like the euro suggests and even plenty of wiggle room to get further west to Georgia without hitting.
No one is wishcasting. Just commenting on what the model shows.

Doesn't seem like there's many changes on the GFS compared to the 18z, but for 36-54 it's stalled and the weakness is open for ots…

edit: and on cue, definitely a hair east at 66, the trends might've stopped right here.

GFS starts recurve in about the same spot euro does in 24 hours...climbing the coast *offshore* with the ridge building back over the top at hour 72

Deeper trough. Should have more steering to the west similar to the Nam
Edit: Or not.
a53817a955f92b1d4acdea80b64479bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like there's many changes on the GFS compared to the 18z, but for 36-54 it's stalled and the weakness is open for ots…

edit: and on cue, definitely a hair east at 66, the trends might've stopped right here.

The key for the Carolina's is how long that stall and turn takes.....still looks like the GFS went NW at 78 hrs, probably close enough to Daytona to make for a bad beach day.

Just responding to bird flu that you were not wishcasting.
oh, no worries..I blocked him so I can't see his post....nah no need to wishcast here. I have family on the treasure coast of FL, so I would be paying attention to this anyway even if I wasn't a Met.....thank you for that back up....

Excuse me but you always put your two cents in and this isn't the first time you are saying chill and folks are wish casting west. Just making statement!

Back