• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Looking at all hurricanes that tracked over Grand Bahama...looks like 8 hit conus and 1 missed. Things that make you go hmmm...

View attachment 22638
Where did you make this?

This is what I was trying to say this morning. The climo of storms as you get farther and farther west of 75 says US landfall. Sometimes you have to wonder if the models are right or wrong vs history
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ICON would be a disaster for Miami (edit: maybe mainly north of there in South FL), it does have the stall but later and it stalls for hours over south Florida.

Needless to say, it's a way south outlier though.

Looking at all the globals you have several from the B team that hit conus but GFS/Euro/UK don't. Could the backups win one....

hits: CMC, GFS-L, ICON, HWRF
miss: Euro/GFS/UK

Looking at all the globals you have several from the B team that hit conus but GFS/Euro/UK don't. Could the backups win one....

hits: CMC, GFS-L, ICON, HWRF
miss: Euro/GFS/UK
When in the history of models has the models stopped changing at 3 days and 5 days? Never.....more to come and more to talk about. Waiting for T-1....

I took a look at the 18z Nam 250mb layer. When I was looking at the MSLP track I noticed that the storm started moving west rather quickly and found no major difference in the H5 layer. In the 250mb layer, I noticed that the Jet dug much farther south boosting the strength of the jet (See Orange) This represents a strong jet current which would definitely cause Dorian to move W NW very quickly. On the other hand, the jet to the north should pick up the strong jet letter it moves back OTS. The key would be due to a stronger deeper trough in the jet would bring Dorian farther north before turning east. I understand that this is Still the Nam and take only Verbatim with this post. However, this would be a good example of one way Dorian could go Inland over NCNAM 18Z.png

We see it from time to time but this is one heavy loaded tropical cyclone and like trying to stop Niagara Falls from flowing.
What bothers me is the whole WAR is analyzed stronger than the initialization. We've seen these time and time again with the reluctant nature of these on model vs actual time and time again
you know as well as I do that happens a lot. That piece of information will be crucial going forward too.

Where did you make this?

This is what I was trying to say this morning. The climo of storms as you get farther and farther west of 75 says US landfall. Sometimes you have to wonder if the models are right or wrong vs history
fair points for sure.

My gfs parents live in west palm, they were going to evacuate, now after the last few nhc advisories they are thinking of staying.

My gfs parents live in west palm, they were going to evacuate, now after the last few nhc advisories they are thinking of staying.

They probably should be ready just in case and at first I thought you were brother to the GFS Lol....

Back