• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Wonder how many hurricanes got to 30/80 and missed the Carolinas.

2B9376CD-9CA5-4674-AB8E-EF5BDC2DB7CA.png

Wonder how many hurricanes got to 30/80 and missed the Carolinas.

That is pretty far west......but when the GFS and Euro agree on something its tough to bet against it.....really though in my humble opinion I wont feel like the OTS in the Carolina's is a lock until Monday when the turn is done....how long and where that turn happens will matter a lot for us up here. Personally for me where I live here just east of Greenville NC there is a big difference between a Floyd like track and even one right on the beaches much less 50-100 miles off the coast as far as what kind of conditions I have to deal with.

I can think of a few that were that far west and never hit...I will say that almost all the ones that miss after being that far west are the ones crawling up the coast, the storms that are moving at a good speed tend to hit.....the models take 50 hrs or so to go from over the northern Bahamas to off of Jacksonville Fl, that gives time for the ridge to the west to nose in enough to get Dorian OTS...so I will wait till Monday to see what the models do with the upper level setup mid to late week, and how long the turn takes before I buy into any track OTS...

These hit-
David - spot on
Floyd is close
Diana is close
Of course Matthew

Can't find any that didn't hit.......

View attachment 22646View attachment 22647View attachment 22648

Not to go to far off topic but Diana was my first so she is special, I was 12 and it was the first time I remember a hurricane even though it was not that bad here at all, I remember everyone freaking out though cause without that little loop right at the coast she would have been a top 3 hit for NC.....most people dont realize what a badass she was RIGHT ON THE COAST and had she not turned.......

Diana.jpg

Not to go to far off topic but Diana was my first so she is special, I was 12 and it was the first time I remember a hurricane even though it was not that bad here at all, I remember everyone freaking out though cause without that little loop right at the coast she would have been a top 3 hit for NC.....most people dont realize what a badass she was RIGHT ON THE COAST and had she not turned.......

View attachment 22649
Sounds like Dorian....

Still a long way to go. Just too premature for anyone from Florida to NC to think they are out of the woods yet. The models are still going west with some runs. Just back and forth still.

Back