• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

HR48 its def a bit south vs yesterdays 12z run...about the same speed, maybe slightly faster?

12Z Euro as of 78 tells me very good chance it will be a bit E of 0Z run off GA/Carolinas but let’s see.

actually looks like a north turn at 72 to me (but slowly), want to see another frame before deciding on either side here...

edit: the opening for OTS is there though.

Thinking OTS based off hr 96 and further east than yesterday's 12z and the previous 0z but we will see.

So the GFS suite said nah nvm and scooted closer to the coast, hurricane models shifted well west, but the EURO actually goes east so far.

ecmwf_mslp_uv850_seus_6.png

confessing total confusion on this whole thing ... except one thing is for certain, this storm is not conducive to sleep and/or a rational thought process (invert them and you end up in the same place ... LOL) ... :oops:

Would think good news for Florida and the way the Euro is trending hopefully GA/SC. Maybe OBX has to deal with it but it keeps ticking east. Only wrinkle I could see is if it starts ticking north sooner in the Bahamas instead of taking 48 hours to rot. But we won't know that until Monday/Tuesday.

EUroTrend.gif

Precip FWIW. But one consistent with modeling of Dorian is that day 4-5 model progs haven't verified.

I had a couple of friends fly up from Melbourne. They are super ticked to say the least.

9-km ECMWF USA Cities Southeast US Total Precipitation 150.png

Would think good news for Florida and the way the Euro is trending hopefully GA/SC. Maybe OBX has to deal with it but it keeps ticking east. Only wrinkle I could see is if it starts ticking north sooner in the Bahamas instead of taking 48 hours to rot. But we won't know that until Monday/Tuesday.

View attachment 22624
Yeah I said not shifts east but was solely focused on NC, it has definitely trended more offshore from Fl, Ga and even SC...just takes more of a N path towards us before it turns.

Yeah I said not shifts east but was solely focused on NC, it has definitely trended more offshore from Fl, Ga and even SC...just takes more of a N path towards us before it turns.

I think an earlier move N on the Euro while in the Bahamas could scare the SE coast. Though, Dorian sure has done a good job missing land...first Hispaniola, then PR then FL and now maybe NC/SC coast.

Might just be staying offshore, but still too close for comfort for FL to NC. Would not take much for it to hit somewhere if the models are too far east just a bit.

Back