• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

I still think that a worst case would be a major cane slowly crawling up the East Coast, not so far inland to weaken too fast or lose the Gulf Stream fuel, and not far enough out to sea to prevent chaos and coastal destruction.

I hate bringing it up over and over, but that kind of was what Matthew was a few years back, and it actually kinda mostly spared Florida but it was very messy for low lying cities on the coast like Savannah and Charleston.

I hate bringing it up over and over, but that kind of was what Matthew was a few years back, and it actually kinda mostly spared Florida but it was very messy for low lying cities on the coast like Savannah and Charleston.

Was bad at SAV even though center 35 miles E. trees down everywhere/power out up to 2 weeks some areas. Storm surge sig. Glad I had left for 4-5 days.

It corrected and may have even overcorrected for all I know. But it had been way west into the GOM when others were over FL. Biased doesn't mean every run is too far left, just the average and especially when it is left on its own. I've been observing this for many storms the last few years.
Just making an observation that we don't discount as much solutions that are better for us....regardless if it makes any sense....human nature

Find the YouTube videos of St. Augustine and JAX ... :(

yeah you know what, maybe the better wording for that was the northeast coast of Florida through the entire coast of Georgia/South Carolina had issues.

I'm remembering now that I was remarking that the same areas that I was in at St Augustine I think were flooded.

I saw the Jax one. Basically had the storm not jogged 40 miles east, they believe it would have been devastating, without a direct hit. Although, it was very ugly with the surge up the river.

yeah you know what, maybe the better wording for that was the northeast coast of Florida through the entire coast of Georgia/South Carolina had issues.

I'm remembering now that I was remarking that the same areas that I was in at St Augustine I think were flooded.
Yeah, those more inland I think had less impacts from Matthew, from what I remember seeing at the time. But the coast was wrecked all across the lower Atlantic seaboard. Regarding the current similarities with Dorian, CMC looks to be taking him on an eerily similar track on the 12Z run, and most models seem to be drifting in this western course from yesterday's OTS hopes unfortunately.

I saw the Jax one. Basically had the storm not jogged 40 miles east, they believe it would have been devastating, without a direct hit. Although, it was very ugly with the surge up the river.
San Marco (right across the river from downtown JAX) was submerged ...

That CNN headline might get a lot of people f’d up.

Seeing a lot of people share it saying “see I told y’all it won’t hit us, I’m not even preparing”.

It corrected and may have even overcorrected for all I know. But it had been way west into the GOM when others were over FL. Biased doesn't mean every run is too far left, just the average and especially when it is left on its own. I've been observing this for many storms the last few years.
I still think it wants to be an I 75 special, and in that regard I cleaned out the gutters yesterday, and I intend to not wash my car several times over this long weekend in an attempt to push the storm away.

Back