• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

What I find interesting is if you take a look at that chunk of models in SE GA. Appears a good number heading NW from there and no recurve to the NE. That’s new.
If I were north of the Fl/Ga line I would say that the concern still has to exist that this turns north before arriving at the FL coastline and makes a landfall farther north. Do I think that's likely? Not really, but it's not out of the realm of possibility right now

It will def. turn at some point over Florida. Does it ride up 95? or does it ride up 75? or west of there. The next 48 hours will be telling on if it can keep up its speed as it turns more WNW or W
Well, if it's I 75, I hope you'll let me know what to expect, lol... oh, and please take some starch out of it too :) I like the rain, it's the tornadoes, and general big winds that bother me :) I'm in the middle of a forest, and oddly, trees don't much like wind!

I do find it extremely interesting how alike it looks to Hugo, it’s actually quite scary.
Lol.......what would be really scary is if all the models move to Ukmet 12z which has a path to Charleston....I get what you are saying....

So, even if Dorian stays parallel to the coast, could there be a severe weather threat inland?

Dorian looks real nice right now, nice upshear convection, gravity waves in that CDO, eye looks weird probably from convection still tryna wrap around, starting to get that buzzsaw look 33B2DF1C-E3B8-4F9D-AA4D-DFB78A647413.jpeg

Back