• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

It kinda sucks being so close to the core of the storm with nothing but light winds, scattered showers and sun peaking through at times. I’ve only got 5.52” of rain since 2:30am but it’s whatever…

I rode out Hurricane Charley in Myrtle Beach in 04, gimme more of that. Yall can have the eyes.
The eye of Hurricane Michael went over my cousin’s house in 2018. She only lived 6 miles from the beach then so she was able to see the full stadium effect. That is something I wouldn’t mind experiencing once in my life, but I’m not sure going through the eyewall of a cat 4/5 hurricane would be worth it.

The eye of Hurricane Michael went over my cousin’s house in 2018. She only lived 6 miles from the beach then so she was able to see the full stadium effect. That is something I wouldn’t mind experiencing once in my life, but I’m not sure going through the eyewall of a cat 4/5 hurricane would be worth it.
That would be awesome to see. I would stay away from anything higher than low end cat. 2 Charley was just a strong TS at the time in Myrtle Beach.

That must be an incredible thing to witness

Congrats Virginia. May top #1 in rainfall beating Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. Also keep an eye on West Virginia as state rain record for tropical systems is like 7”.

Back