• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

Wonder how the shetley drought is going
Shetley is getting smoked. Looks like I'm going to bust from Spartanburg up to Gastonia with my less than one inch prediction. Guess I busted from Greenville south too. Figured they'd at least get some rain. They aren't going to get a drop from Greenville down to @Stevo24Screenshot_20240808_110254_RadarScope.jpg

Looks like the rain is going to be wrapping up around the Raleigh area within the hour, outside of a widely scattered basis. Main band is pivoting northward.

Something to keep an eye on, at 25' there is significant flooding of homes and business near the river in Louisburg. While the Cape Fear was a given, it now appears stations along both the Neuse and Tar will exceed major flood stage next week.

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 11.44.30 AM.png

As of yesterday morning’s update I had received 10.3” from Debby. I’ve since had an additional 0.6” to give me a Debby grand total (over 3 days) of 10.9”, easily the largest amount from a single event here since Matthew of Oct 7-8, 2016.

Together with the 10” I got 7/19-8/3 from PM convection, I’ve received 20.9” during just the 20 day period of 7/19-8/7. Thus, any possible heavy rains from tropical or other during the next few weeks could be extra problematic.

I’m at 5.32” since midnight which put me over 20” since 7/1. It will be interesting to see how much of that band to the west holds together and if pivots back through CLT metro as the center begins moving north

Back