• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

Can't recall such a warm/humid cane, maybe because its still early August. Feel like most Canes we have its like low 70s temp wise
There’s just not any real cool dry air available in the Midwest yet for it to pull down on the back side. If it were about 3 or 4 weeks later that would be a different story

I wish we could get some refreshing cool air on the back side of Debby like we had in August 2004 with Charley.

To be honest Tuesday was great down here. Raining cats and dogs sure, but temps were in the low 70s and dewpoints were 71-73 here. May have been the dry air mixing in who knows. Yesterday was just nasty humid though.

This new band is putting water down quite efficiently dangit
It came through here earlier and I picked up .62” in about 20 minutes. Now there’s a huge complex moving up from the lowcountry overnight. I may yet get to 15” total if it holds together.

The 3k nam nailed that band. Been showing it on previous runs all day today
The WRF-ARW2 also had that band. I was insistent that would happen, especially when sun broke out and shot temps to 92 officially at KCHS. picked up several waves of very heavy rain, but currently missing those two death bands .. barely north of me. Those two bands have dumped 4" of rain over northern Dorchester County in the last 90 minutes or so.

The WRF-ARW2 also had that band. I was insistent that would happen, especially when sun broke out and shot temps to 92 officially at KCHS. picked up several waves of very heavy rain, but currently missing those two death bands .. barely north of me. Those two bands have dumped 4" of rain over northern Dorchester County in the last 90 minutes or so.
That's nuts. Im.not on that pace thankfully but I just had a frog strangular for the books. Went from 11.53 to 13.22 in 50 minutes so 1.7 inches in under an hourKLTX - Digital Storm Total Accum., 10_31 PM.png

I don’t know how places like Moncks Corner aren’t under a flood warning. They had a good bit of rain Tuesday and Wednesday and have been under that band for a couple of hours now.

Back