• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

12Z Tropical model guidance; some models have a bit eastwards shift on landfall. Something we have to watch over the next several hours.

Attachments

• 04L_tracks_latest (1).png
    04L_tracks_latest (1).png
    69.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 72db8ca7003b0acf74a265b8ad6693d3169185ba7ff042592e1198c3082e4d0f.png
    72db8ca7003b0acf74a265b8ad6693d3169185ba7ff042592e1198c3082e4d0f.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 62
If you add up the maximum totals from the detailed forecast page from the NWS at Raleigh for Wake County you come up with a total of 11.25 inches of rain. That seems reasonable at this point. Southern sections of the state nearer the coast are probably looking at twenty inches or more in some spots.

So this storm is throwing wrenches at people all up and down the eastern coast. I'm suppose to go to Ft. Lauderdale starting this Thursday (driving down from Maine with dogs) for a last minute vacation....Saw the 11am updated cones of Debby....We are waiting til Sunday now to ensure that the people in the south can get what they need without more tourists driving through.

I truly hope there is no more loss of life and minimal damage from this storm, people need a break and not more trauma right now. Ya'll are really awesome at what you do and how useful your information is, even while living in Maine!

Stay Safe!

So this storm is throwing wrenches at people all up and down the eastern coast. I'm suppose to go to Ft. Lauderdale starting this Thursday (driving down from Maine with dogs) for a last minute vacation....Saw the 11am updated cones of Debby....We are waiting til Sunday now to ensure that the people in the south can get what they need without more tourists driving through.

I truly hope there is no more loss of life and minimal damage from this storm, people need a break and not more trauma right now. Ya'll are really awesome at what you do and how useful your information is, even while living in Maine!

Stay Safe!
There is a very real possibility parts of 95 in southern NC will be shut down for some time after this so keep your eyes on that. That area does not handle this type of water well.

Just got hit with that first batch out in Rocky Mount on a maintenance run. WPC keeps nudging that 10-15” up inland.

Tweeted this earlier, but RDU/greenville both have their wettest past 30 days on record coming into this. Lumberton 4th, Florence SC 8th. It won’t take long for stuff to rise

Just got hit with that first batch out in Rocky Mount on a maintenance run. WPC keeps nudging that 10-15” up inland.

Tweeted this earlier, but RDU/greenville both have their wettest past 30 days on record coming into this. Lumberton 4th, Florence SC 8th. It won’t take long for stuff to rise
Drove over the Little Pee Dee earlier and the boat ramp at Fork Retch is still under water. 15” of rain in the catchment may very well put SC9 under water at Dillon and Nichols on the Lumber River, I95 at Lumberton too. US74 will most likely have issues as well around Boardman.

US501 at Conway just barely stayed open during Matthew and Florence.

Have to wonder if the system is going to be a little susceptible to a bit of convective tugging the next 24 hours or so as it gets back over the water. If this was the gfs of the old days I would 100% say that's what's pulling it way west you can see the convective enhancement on the qpf plots and how the low follows that. I think the worst thing that can happen for much of nc is this gets far enough off shore that it can start rebuilding itself north and NE of the center. That will point a firehouse off of the Atlantic right into the state similar to the 3k and Canadian outputs

Back