• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

Half the eyewall is strong just need to wrap around that west side and boom. The way the coast of Florida is shaped if it could stop the wobbles east and go North like the NHC says it’s going that would give it an extra 6hrs in the gulf.

Hope it's not another td Alberto in 94, but when they cut off and wander bad stuff, happens, like bodies leaving cemeteries, and torrents over ten foot high bridges washing people away like happened down the road. The spillway at a near by lake had a 100 foot rooster tail of water blasting up from it. 20 inches in 24 hours down in Americas, and this one looks to covering the same ground in the beginning.

Half the eyewall is strong just need to wrap around that west side and boom. The way the coast of Florida is shaped if it could stop the wobbles east and go North like the NHC says it’s going that would give it an extra 6hrs in the gulf.

Too much dry air flowing into it right now. Really limiting it from strengthening.

Im headed to bed and while at 54 the gfs looks the same the location of the high over the upper midwest is far differnt. It wont end up. like 18Z. So far the same, i was thinking more south

Last edited:
Going back to Alabama it seems on the GFS. I wonder what the Euro will do later tonight.

Im headed to bed and while at 54 the gfs looks the same the location of the high over the upper midwest is far differnt. It wont end up. like 18Z. So far the same, i was thinking more south
In almost the same place as 18z so far at hour 111. This model is not giving ground at all yet.

It is changing and has the storm back in the Gulf now about 50 miles SW of Panama City.

Edit: I give up on the GFS, it is laughable now and there is no way it is right.

Hope it's not another td Alberto in 94, but when they cut off and wander bad stuff, happens, like bodies leaving cemeteries, and torrents over ten foot high bridges washing people away like happened down the road. The spillway at a near by lake had a 100 foot rooster tail of water blasting up from it. 20 inches in 24 hours down in Americas, and this one looks to covering the same ground in the beginning.
I think like 27 inches in Americus from Alberto. I don’t think Alberto impacted as many populated areas as Debby might. Alberto wasn’t even retired I don’t believe.

It is changing and has the storm back in the Gulf now about 50 miles SW of Panama City.

Edit: I give up on the GFS, it is laughable now and there is no way it is right
DONT GIVE UP ON IT. THE HWRF HAS BEEN THAT WAY THE SINCE LAST NIGHT. THE HWRF HAS BEEN PRETTY RELIABLE FOR THE LAST SEVERAL STORMS IMHO

Western Midlands of SC starting to see a little less and less precipitation on recent runs, with the heavy axis shifting (albeit slowly per run) Eastward. Not a bad thing, honestly. 2-4 inches is a Hell of a lot better than 8+. If trends continue, we might can even get that down to 2 inches at the max or even less.

2:00 AM EDT Mon Aug 5
Moving: N at 12 mph
Min pressure: 981 mb
Max sustained: 80 mph

Map shows location of hurricane-force winds.

034938_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

FLIGHT THREE - TEAL 71
A. 05/0830Z,1130Z,1430Z
B. AFXXX 0804A CYCLONE
C. 05/0715Z Departure Time 3:15 EDT
D. 29.5N 83.9W
E. 05/0800Z TO 05/1430Z Time on Station from 4:00-10:30 EDT

A. Fix/Invest Time
B. Mission Identifier
C. Departure Time
D. Forecast Position
E. Time on Station