• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

There's a pronounced jettison back NW but we've got competing low level vorticies competing fir dominance around a larger gyre that's just creeping north it seems now. 986mb, probably have Hurricane Debby at 11pm. Still fighting some light westerly shear, and trying to cough out dry air that intruded on her earlier this afternoon.recon_AF302-0704A-DEBBY.png

This thing also not rapidly intensifying will also sway it from going further east than initially thought as well
This is also another reason why it’s hard to buy into the ICON’s track once it gets into the Atlantic. The reason the ICON landfalls so far north is partially because how strong it has it becoming. The ICON drops the pressure to 959mb when none of the other models go lower than around 985.

I think the reason the ICON is getting leaned on is it has been more or less the same for several days now....and the the Euro and Ukie have trended towards it. The 18Z Euro was one more east tick away from being the same as the ICON. The real question is how far south does Debby get back into the Atlantic...she certainly could be a hurricane when she comes in likely between Myrtle and Lookout somewhere.

This is the ICON 12Z run last Friday
icon_mslp_pcpn_seus_50.png

This was 18z tonight
icon_mslp_pcpn_seus_30.png

This is also another reason why it’s hard to buy into the ICON’s track once it gets into the Atlantic. The reason the ICON landfalls so far north is partially because how strong it has it becoming. The ICON drops the pressure to 959mb when none of the other models go lower than around 985.
Nam does get it down to 981 now

There's a pronounced jettison back NW but we've got competing low level vorticies competing fir dominance around a larger gyre that's just creeping north it seems now. 986mb, probably have Hurricane Debby at 11pm. Still fighting some light westerly shear, and trying to cough out dry air that intruded on her earlier this afternoon.

Yeah could see it stretched SW to NE on radar...though it does seem to be working it put and the SW eye has really taken off the last half hr or so...

KTBW - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 10_43 PM.png

I think the reason the ICON is getting leaned on is it has been more or less the same for several days now....and the the Euro and Ukie have trended towards it. The 18Z Euro was one more east tick away from being the same as the ICON. The real question is how far south does Debby get back into the Atlantic...she certainly could be a hurricane when she comes in likely between Myrtle and Lookout somewhere.

View attachment 149431

This was 18z tonight
View attachment 149429
Sheeshh 963mb cane near Cape Fear 😨

Well after starting out way east the 0z NAM has its 2nd landfall as a 978MB storm 20 miles SW of Charleston and moving west.
Impossible , the jonesville rain dome will prevent it from daring to approach and provide rain . Can safely toss that solution

I highly doubt it gets to 959 as well but the ICON will most likely be close at landfall at 984mb

1722826375674.png

View attachment 149431

This was 18z tonight
View attachment 149429
I agree that it’s been consistent, but the same can be said for the GFS and the mess it’s been trying to do. I still go to how strong the ICON develops it as the biggest reason why I don’t see it making a landfall that far north. The center crawling along for two days is going to have to start fighting upwelling which is going to slow any strengthening.

I agree that it’s been consistent, but the same can be said for the GFS and the mess it’s been trying to do. I still go to how strong the ICON develops it as the biggest reason why I don’t see it making a landfall that far north. The center crawling along for two days is going to have to start fighting upwelling which is going to slow any strengthening.
Getting over the gulf stream would help with unwilling but it is an eastern outlier while the gfs is a crazy outlier. Between the 2 I'd take the one that matches closer to climatology as the one to lean on........lean on doesn't mean take it verbatim.....icon is clearly wonky on intensity

Back