• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

Regardless of Debby's exact forecast track during that time, the
slow forward speed is likely to cause potentially historic rainfall
across southeast Georgia and South Carolina, with an increasing
likelihood of catastrophic flooding.

Live 5’s model has 16” for CHS, 10” for Beaufort thru Friday night. 14.3” for Myrtle. 3-5” out almost to Clinton

Not often do tropical storms and CAT 1 hurricanes carry catastrophic wording. Many locals in Savannah seem unfazed. This will only add to fixing the CAT 1-5 rating system. Flooding, storm surge, etc should factor into a rating to help the public understand. Debby will likely be retired.

I agree that it’s been consistent, but the same can be said for the GFS and the mess it’s been trying to do. I still go to how strong the ICON develops it as the biggest reason why I don’t see it making a landfall that far north. The center crawling along for two days is going to have to start fighting upwelling which is going to slow
The thing about the gulf stream is it brings a steady supply of warm water so even slow moving storms won't be as affected by upwelling. Pressures in the 960's seems pretty unlikely...

ICON correcting wayyyy southwest vs 18z and is still gets it the furthest east out in the Atlantic. Landfall near North Myrtle Beach now
The fact that we’re seeing the number of models showing that hard hook back towards the coast leads me to believe that something like it is at least very possible.

A lot can change in the next 48 hours as far as landfall goes along the Atlantic and for us further inland it’s almost an eternity before we can nail down impacts. Still sticking with my prediction of landfall closer to Charleston with an inland path going up 26 and towards eastern Charlotte closer towards Monroe and Wadesboro as of tonight.

Back