Pattern Hotober

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
I know most would like to see a similar look advertised on gefs for the winter, but can we even get anything remotely close in winter, and if not, howcome? Cooler weather is good since it is October, but the longer wavelengths will be interesting if we can get a colder pattern to setup during winter.

Here the cumulus congestus that produced that shower/graupel. 0629CB97-87FE-421C-A05F-CD1AC2B0EAC2.jpegF67EECEB-667C-447B-81A0-C1388E7F9E10.jpeg2BDC4DF3-D373-4E5C-9027-958C18C6E0CD.jpeglikely the last picture of any convection from me in 2019, until we meet again, spring and summer, and this time it’s not just gonna be NC, I’m probably gonna start going to setups in tornado alley next spring/summer, tbh tho I would like to see a tornado out there, but I would rather aim for days with better structure

Last edited:
Yep, it’s getting close to fantasy season. The GFS is alone in being crazy, the Euro at 240hr is teasing.

yeah that trough and system in the 240 range has been interesting. likely just long range fantasy. I think we all are hungry for a snowstorm after last winter.. Its only mid October. Would be very difficult to get snow outside of the mountains unless we had a perfect setup.

Here the cumulus congestus that produced that shower/graupel. View attachment 24530View attachment 24531View attachment 24532likely the last picture of any convection from me in 2019, until we meet again, spring and summer, and this time it’s not just gonna be NC, I’m probably gonna start going to setups in tornado alley next spring/summer, tbh tho I would like to see a tornado out there, but I would rather aim for days with better structure

I love these convective days. I Remember one year in Greenville, NC we had snow showers with temps in the mid/upper 40s.

Also I remember one year a snow squall came through NC. some reports of a quick inch of snow and thundersnow. Like a severe cold front line but it was snow. Was a very fun day.

Can't remember the year of it though.

Reactions: Myfrotho704_
I love these convective days. I Remember one year in Greenville, NC we had snow showers with temps in the mid/upper 40s.

Also I remember one year a snow squall came through NC. some reports of a quick inch of snow and thundersnow. Like a severe cold front line but it was snow. Was a very fun day.

Can't remember the year of it though.

You Might be talking about this one, line of Convective snow showers formed off the mountains associated with a MCV/lee trough and fed on instability and steep low level lapse rates as it sagged southeast, and produced thundersnow and gusty outflow winds along with it 84279299-3869-4ACD-9874-7F6850AA3801.jpeg

Reactions: Fountainguy97
yeah that trough and system in the 240 range has been interesting. likely just long range fantasy. I think we all are hungry for a snowstorm after last winter.. Its only mid October. Would be very difficult to get snow outside of the mountains unless we had a perfect setup.

Yeah, the chance of snow is pretty much none, that being said the cold shot may be legit.

Reactions: Fountainguy97
ICON still riding with the GFS on these crazy cool highs
icon_T2m_seus_25.png

It snowed in parts of Upstate SC and western midlands Oct 31 into Nov 1 (a.m.) in 2014.
I have mum’s and pumpkin pics with snow on them. So snow in October isn’t impossible.
2 inches on the ground before it melted quickly in Clinton (South of 85). Nearly 6 inches in Gilbert, Sc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk