• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Hotober

Cold bias or not, the GEFS is doubling down on the blocking. Probably was to fast swinging that trough through and thus it probably is warmer than previous runs.

trend-gefs-2019101612-f216.500h_anom.na.gif

Yea gfs shows this, warm core trying to hold but there some CAA at the northwest/west side of the system so it’s not 100% tropical although it’s sorta close, with that area of CAA it would only reinforce that cooler dome View attachment 24503

Looking a little deeper, this will be quite an interesting look. Insane wind fields on the warm front of this sub-tropical storm with lots of turning with height thanks to it being not stacked. The panhandle along with southern AL/GA will have to watch out for an elevated risk from tornadoes more so than from fully tropical systems.

Looking a little deeper, this will be quite an interesting look. Insane wind fields on the warm front of this sub-tropical storm with lots of turning with height thanks to it being not stacked. The panhandle along with southern AL/GA will have to watch out for an elevated risk from tornadoes more so than from fully tropical systems.

Yeah soundings ain’t bad with this one, seen some soundings where winds are nearly backing from the SE only aiding in 0-1km SRH 945C5BDE-F087-417F-A082-AA482B920718.pngA0F6B7C8-05CF-4D60-9773-2CE18163657E.png

So how’s the track of the gulf entity on today’s runs? Still shifting East?

I was incorrect on last nights rain, my apologies! Actually.69 in the bucket!??

I could see that being an issue potentially as well

Cold is crashing in! It’s currently 73

GFS has the low going over SAV! What anothe fail! By 12z tomorrow, I won’t even get showers!?

Pretty funny...last year, the last 10 days of October with nearly identical modeled pattern.

GEFS Ensembles North America 5-day Avg 500Z Anom 312.pngcompday.X3Hlw4bbdo.gif

Has any major city outside of the mountains in the Southeast (Virginia and Kentucky not included) ever reported measurable snowfall in October? RDU never has, and I doubt ATL or GSP has either.

Back