• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Hotober

Honestly there's not much at all from current radar trends to even have me at 70% for rain. 50% maybe as there's still scattered showers north of the main shield, but not 70%. I thought that the radar would tell me to get out as soon as I could for exercise, but it's really not telling me that (I might still go anyway, I'm not sure).

Unless you see some real filling in north, the main areas that are really going to see rain are from Columbus to just south of Macon to about Statesboro.

GFS scored a bit of a win here in a not so great trend as all of us could've used the rain.
I’m all in for Saturday night and Sunday. Euro has convention over me. That’s my win scenario! This event is just a nuisance.

Front stayed south but to some degree that was expected. I think we still see some light rain in the overnight hours tonight. More significant rainmaker next week. Not going to have it all folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front stayed south but to some degree that was expected. I think we still see some light rain in the overnight hours tonight. More significant rainmaker next week. Not going to have it all folks.

Just want the models to be right for once! Guarantee the big cold shot after the one this week, will verify 10+ degrees warmer than currently modeled.

GEFS really blocky pattern in the extended. Would be BN temps for sure.

View attachment 24466

With a pattern like that, shoot I-40 north near the mountains would be in the game for at least a very small chance of something frozen, if it can happen in April it can happen in late October, ofc I’m not saying it’s going to happen but that’s a heck of a pattern on the GFS, but the new GFS has been wonky at H5 ever since it was released

Just want the models to be right for once! Guarantee the big cold shot after the one this week, will verify 10+ degrees warmer than currently modeled.

Models said the bulk of the rain would be south of ATL metro for the past 4 or 5 days. On the other hand, Sundays rain over-performed for us.

Shove that SER out of the way and that's a great look. Euro has a strong cold front coming in at the end of the run
ecmwf_T850_us_11.png

ecmwf_z500a_namer_11.png

At least the rain and clouds are close enough that it's currently locked at 70 anyway despite the only real rain being about 10 drops on occasion. #silverlining

Back