• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Hotober

It would be nice if the GFS agrees with itself, say 6 or 9 runs in a row ... but I dream ...
Indeed. It has agreed with itself for 4 runs in a row, and 6 of the last 9. But again, its still out past 240.

We better hope October doesn't end up as dry as September, or we could be looking at near historic drought conditions.
Even worse if we get some hefty cold fronts later on with gusty winds fanning the parched landscape. Even down here we haven't gotten that much rain in September.

You guys crack me up LOL!! If you live in the southeast, then you can expect all kinds of weather at any given time. Also we have all seen our winters suck with temps and suck with precipitation, especially during winter storm. That's the whole part about the good ole south. I'm a true winter fan, I love my cold and snowy winter also, but if I can at least score once or twice this year than I'm happy.

We better hope October doesn't end up as dry as September, or we could be looking at near historic drought conditions.
October is climatological driest month in S.C., so not much hope!

Those banking on the long range GEFS should pump the brakes a little. The EURO is nasty all the way through October and has a much better track record than the GFS (snd it's GEFS ensembles). It will eventually break in a big way but will take 20-30 days IMO

Those banking on the long range GEFS should pump the brakes a little. The EURO is nasty all the way through October and has a much better track record than the GFS (snd it's GEFS ensembles). It will eventually break in a big way but will take 20-30 days IMO
You may be right, but the gfs has been showing a nice cold front by next weekend and I know it's a long ways out but it's been consistent so far. We can only hope.

Gfs says, your pattern change is coming. Nice trough starting around 10-4 to 10-8 and maybe more, I logged off

GFS seems locked in on October 4th as the day at least for now.

I'm kinda hopeful. Maybe we at least get rid of the 95+'s due to time of year and not as big of a ridge. Regardless, even if we somehow get rid of the heat completely the dryness is a big issue.

The latest model runs continue to show the pattern change ~ Oct 4th. Even the euro is on board.

The only thing that I hate, is it may go straight from AC to heat. The 6z GFS has RDU with a high near 90 on Oct 3rd, then in the mid 50s on Oct 4th (lows in the low to mid 40s). **No break for my electric bill......

What's this? Agreement from the king?
ecmwf_T850a_us_11.png

The latest model runs continue to show the pattern change ~ Oct 4th. Even the euro is on board.

The only thing that I hate, is it may go straight from AC to heat. The 6z GFS has RDU with a high near 90 on Oct 3rd, then in the mid 50s on Oct 4th (lows in the low to mid 40s). **No break for my electric bill......

Turn off the AC a day early and let the house warm up.

Want to see some more ensemble support. Safe to say that at least we will get a reprieve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if we're gonna torch then might as well torch the record books. Adios all-time record October high of 94 in CHA along with the latest ever 95+ of 9/25. I think we'll hit 97 here.

You guys crack me up LOL!! If you live in the southeast, then you can expect all kinds of weather at any given time. Also we have all seen our winters suck with temps and suck with precipitation, especially during winter storm. That's the whole part about the good ole south. I'm a true winter fan, I love my cold and snowy winter also, but if I can at least score once or twice this year than I'm happy.
Well if we're gonna torch then might as well torch the record books. Adios all-time record October high of 94 in CHA along with the latest ever 95+ of 9/25. I think we'll hit 97 here.
Hopefully it will be the last big ass heatwave of the season

Greensboro will set all time record for driest September ever. Had some drizzle apparently sweep through one day for 3 minutes dumping a whopping .002 or some mess.

Well it would appear the GFS is locked in on a front next Friday. I think this is the 7th run in a row? I'd love to see the euro continue to show BN temps for day 9-10 like it did at 0z. Overnight lows for 8/5:
gfs_T2m_seus_41.png

Also worth noting: this CAD signature for next Monday
gfs_T2m_seus_22.png

Last edited:
Back