• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Global Model Runs Discussion 2017

GFS VS CMC :
GFS - flattens everything and says what development?
gfs_mslp_wind_atl_21.png

CMC - Develops everything. Takes 91 into Yucatan, 92 through the islands and into the Gulf, and to be 93 OTS like Gert. Hervey, Irma, and Jose there.
gem_mslp_wind_atl_21.png

Yeah the UKMET is also developing everything & has been for the past few days.... The UKMET develops 92L into a bonafide, strengthening tropical cyclone over the Bahamas by this time next week...

output_aKoBT1.gif

Yeah the UKMET is also developing everything & has been for the past few days.... The UKMET develops 92L into a bonafide, strengthening tropical cyclone over the Bahamas by this time next week...

output_aKoBT1.gif
Honestly, assuming they don't all get shredded apart, and can manage to become storms, I think the CMC and UKMET could be resonable solutions. The GFS as well as the Euro keeps ripping these apart and seemed to with Gert. If they don't form at all, the GFS and Euro would be right.

output_aKoBT1.gif
This is a little worrisome as it appears 92L maybe headed to the SE at the end of that run, UKMET not horrible that's for sure.... let's see what the good Doc has to say

Blind squirrels find nuts every now and then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the squirrel this year isn't blind at all, and has been cured, but is still nearsighted at times. :p We shall see next year if this is true, but I think the CMC's days of being crazy and developing 5 hurricanes at once are over.

This might be a dumb question, but is there any situation where those two storms interact with each other? Or one "absorbs" the other
Not on any of the modeling I've seen, they keep enough separation and they are even farther apart once any model actual starts to develop them to see any type of Fujiwara effect or anything..
On this note I notice GFS and CMC actually show 91L midlevel rotation making it into the Pacific and either being absorbed by a developing system or redeveloping itself... but nothing like that on the Atlantic side

I think the squirrel this year isn't blind at all, and has been cured, but is still nearsighted at times. :p We shall see next year if this is true, but I think the CMC's days of being crazy and developing 5 hurricanes at once are over.

Yeah after the recent upgrade, the GFS has taken the crown for blind squirrel from the CMC w/ vengeance...

Well I see the hype train has in fact left the station engineered by none other than JB himself....

He is turning into a joke . Webber has been crushing him on twitter for the last year at his over the top BS . He is so desperate for something to hit the east coast . I hope the gfs verifies and nothing develops

He is turning into a joke . Webber has been crushing him on twitter for the last year at his over the top BS . He is so desperate for something to hit the east coast . I hope the gfs verifies and nothing develops

Joke is right. He doesn't even put any stock into the CMC at all. Is he keeping track of the successes and failures of all models this year? I don't think he is. Give the CMC the win for Gert, and it is #1, Euro is #2, and the GFS is #3, but will fall behind soon I bet. The CFSV2? Isn't that a seasonal model? It won't even show a storm the next few days I bet.

Back